Tidal Fish Forum banner

Everybody has left

Sad News 
11K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  bebopper 
#1 ·
Seems everyone has deserted Tidalfish. There are plenty of fishing reports on FB but none here. I guess folks just got tired of the BS you had to put up with here when you posted a fishing report. Used to be some good posters giving good fishing reports but hardly anyone anymore. Thankfully Skip still does.

Personally I don’t fish by fishing reports. I have always liked to find my own fish and do not like to be crowded. I have always enjoyed reading reports. Remember the days when the newspapers had Kreh, Burton, Dentry, Spore, Carpenter, Mueller, Diamond and others.

Anyway from FB they are catching keeper rock. However they don’t say where. What is strange is that they are catching catfish trolling and the lures are not near the bottom. Go figure. A guy caught one at Thomas Pt. Light house on bait. They’ve been catching them at Pt. Lookout from the beach. Chummers are going to be seeing a lot of whiskers this year. Hope they don’t eat many crabs or baby rock.

We are in deep need of a drought.

#2 ·
Blue cats are not strictly bottom feeders and feed on fish all through the water column. I have seen them breaching the water feeding on the upper Potomac. They will eat anything they can fit in their mouth and some of them have a mouth like a 5 gallon bucket......... Gary

#10 ·
FB certainly has impacted fishing boards. TF however centered primarily on catching stripers. It was relatively easy to catch lots of fish and big ones much of the year. It was fun to post the results of your efforts. Guys traveled long distances to follow the migration. It is just not worth the time or money to do that anymore. The decrease in the striper population has had as much effect on this board as FB--maybe more.

#11 · (Edited)
Most people on here go fishing and don't care about fishing reports. If you are a beginner and need advice as to where to fish then read the Talking head Hero reports on face book. Many of us have been fishing 50-80 years and if we haven't learned how and where to catch fish by now we would have given up. I've been fishing 65 years . Unless you are fishing for a new species it's old hat. Not to offend anyone because all the ones that were offended have already left and got their face book page so they could be appreciated and pump up their egos by other people but that's the way I see it.

#14 ·
......... and many of the ones that are left here are the ones that drove most of them away ........... and by the way, many many of them are accomplished fishermen. They just got tired on being harassed by the knuckle draggers. Tidalfish use to be a great site.

#12 ·
MY favorite poster of Donald Trump was in a picture of him in front of the White House when he says... Good Morning Liberals, and what is it that bothers you this morning. You can't be thin skinned and survive in this world .If you know where I can by this poster let me know.

#15 ·
It's a personal website where every body takes pictures & videos of themselves. It's a Look at me thing . Then other websites get personal info on them , to profile you and then sell your info to interested parties willing to pay for it to sell it to other parties. It lets the entire world know about your personal life.

#18 ·
It's a personal website where every body takes pictures & videos of themselves. It's a Look at me thing .
Trying to figure out how this is in any way different from TF. Or even WWA back in the good old days of this website. Pete D. became the king of this site not so much because he caught fish, but because he did that AND took tons of pics and posted them here. All of the fishing boards are very much "look at me," not that there is anything inherently wrong with that. I'm glad people do it because it used to help me a lot when I was learning to fish the bay. This board died slowly though. First because of mismanagement. Now it's just straight negligence. I'm amazed the site still works.

#17 ·
I am not on Facebook. Wild Bill is exactly right. If I am catching fish, the last thing in the world I am going to do is post it on here.

Years ago, I was not so paranoid because people could catch fish in multiple areas around the Bay. But now that the schools of fish are no bigger than my swimming pool I cant't even tell my friends, let alone the entire internet.

I still fish often and pick away at decent fish here and there but I am frustrated. The fishing certainly is a challenge these days, and when there are twenty boats carving up a tiny school, it is time to move someplace else, even if you know there are no fish there.

Pat

#20 ·
I am not on Facebook. Wild Bill is exactly right. If I am catching fish, the last thing in the world I am going to do is post it on here.

Years ago, I was not so paranoid because people could catch fish in multiple areas around the Bay. But now that the schools of fish are no bigger than my swimming pool I cant't even tell my friends, let alone the entire internet.

I still fish often and pick away at decent fish here and there but I am frustrated. The fishing certainly is a challenge these days, and when there are twenty boats carving up a tiny school, it is time to move someplace else, even if you know there are no fish there.

Pat
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

#24 ·
You guys know I post all my fishing reports on TF right? Kinda like finding an Easter Egg.

And Facebook is not something I would suggest for any person. Heck I am still setting up my MySpace page..LOL

Seriously folks the first thing an employer looks at is your social media. Many applicants never get the call for an interview after that. The web is Indian Ink and can not be washed away.

Capt Mike

#27 ·
I do miss Blue Lou's abstract opinions. He was beyond my comprehension sometimes. But still Humorous. If I were making $250,000 a year like John Odenkirk I wouldn't mind telling all I knew about what I was getting paid to do like studying snakeheads That might change my opinion.

#28 ·
Newcomer

Seems everyone has deserted Tidalfish. There are plenty of fishing reports on FB but none here. I guess folks just got tired of the BS you had to put up with here when you posted a fishing report. Used to be some good posters giving good fishing reports but hardly anyone anymore. Thankfully Skip still does.

Personally I don't fish by fishing reports. I have always liked to find my own fish and do not like to be crowded. I have always enjoyed reading reports. Remember the days when the newspapers had Kreh, Burton, Dentry, Spore, Carpenter, Mueller, Diamond and others.

Anyway from FB they are catching keeper rock. However they don't say where. What is strange is that they are catching catfish trolling and the lures are not near the bottom. Go figure. A guy caught one at Thomas Pt. Light house on bait. They've been catching them at Pt. Lookout from the beach. Chummers are going to be seeing a lot of whiskers this year. Hope they don't eat many crabs or baby rock.

We are in deep need of a drought.[/QUOTE

Big thanks to all who do still post reports, tips, and all kinds of other interesting stuff here! I have been consuming all of it for a few years, and want to be a contributor also. I am 65, and grew up in Chestertown canepoling for perch and sunnies and anything that swims, crawls, flies, or otherwise presents itself for food or sport. I mainly fish out of Rock Hall on my 20 ft Mako that I got when my career brought me back to the Shore after several years away, in 1993. Folks remember rockfish through the 60s and seventies, blues in big numbers and all sizes, hard heads and trout and flounder in Tangier sound, and the same in DE bay, especially trout. And of course, the moratorium, and those giddy years just after the moratorium when the resident 24-38" rock were abundant and cooperative. All on softcrabs or peelers or Tony's or hose or buck tails, till we found out the rock would do just fine on buggies (Rock Hall for bunker or menhaden). Sorting through 30 quality rock the last couple years of moratorium just to get one bluefish to take home! Many a time I was off the water by 8 or 8:30 with limits, just as the day began to heat up and the skates would come in and the rock quit biting. Many a time we filled coolers in that wild magical time just at dusk when the bite turned on and you couldn't get a bait to the bottom. One year the blues came up and were eating the back end off of catfish and leaving shorelines up and down the bay and rivers lined with catfish heads. Anyhow, much has changed, and much has not. Sure, I prefer to be out away from the crowd and find my own fish and be the first one on a good bite. I also know I can't beat the pros at their own game, so I often find the rockfish by finding the party boats and getting in line with them. I'll spread chum and chunks and baited hooks all through the water column. I am way old school, and I know it's false economy, but I would rather catch enough for supper rather than limitless C&R. I am on TF now looking for the chum bite to turn on, which it will once the warm weather settles in. I will start out down near the mouth of the Chester or out in the mud or wherever I see several party boats clustering. I will catch perch and live-line them, troll, plug the shorelines, or whatever. So, please keep those reports, along with the lively and entertaining chatter, coming. Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.