Good Information Epa is at it again - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your post Jerry. Keep posting, pay no attention to the experts. I think I'm going perch fishing this morning at Tread Avon River. Will let you know how I do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY NORRIS View Post
    Sorry to offend you with my post. Next time I will not bother posting anything. Have yourself a nice E15 day.
    So correcting misinformation gets your panties in a wad?

Chuck

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    pay no attention to the experts.
    This ought to be our new national motto.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

At the risk of sounding like an expert and/or scientist (having a masters degree in atmospheric chemistry) I can tell you these facts:
    1) Creating fuel from any food product is a poor resource decision, it is a political decision. E15 is 100% a corn lobby outcome.
    2) EPA is supportive because it does reduce emissions that have a local impact, like ozone.
    3) EPA knows and has published that corn-based ethanol creates a net increase to greenhouse gases, which is something we all should be prioritizing.
    4) EPA and other government organizations often to not take product usage into account, so the impacts to certain motors is an outcome of a less than holistic evaluation of the fuels' impacts.

I do buy non-E15 gas on the eastern shore, and plan to go perch fishing tomorrow too.

Badger

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Burning food is stupid

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerFisher View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an expert and/or scientist (having a masters degree in atmospheric chemistry) I can tell you these facts:
    1) Creating fuel from any food product is a poor resource decision, it is a political decision. E15 is 100% a corn lobby outcome.
    2) EPA is supportive because it does reduce emissions that have a local impact, like ozone.
    3) EPA knows and has published that corn-based ethanol creates a net increase to greenhouse gases, which is something we all should be prioritizing.
    4) EPA and other government organizations often to not take product usage into account, so the impacts to certain motors is an outcome of a less than holistic evaluation of the fuels' impacts.

I do buy non-E15 gas on the eastern shore, and plan to go perch fishing tomorrow too.

Badger
    Well said. Are you able to buy non-ethanol gas? Unfortunately, most of us have to use the E10 in our small engines. Catch a bunch of perch tomorrow!

Oh by the way, I thought the important thing here is the pending legislation and not my choice of titles.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY NORRIS View Post
    Well said. Are you able to buy non-ethanol gas? Unfortunately, most of us have to use the E10 in our small engines. Catch a bunch of perch tomorrow!

Oh by the way, I thought the important thing here is the pending legislation and not my choice of titles.
    Jerry, google non ethanol gas stations. Several in PA and in Easton too. Fill a couple 5 gallon gas cans up and put stabil in them......... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCat09 View Post
    They need to allow marinas or even land gas stations to sell pure gas in addition to the ethanol stuff...
    You can still buy it in Talbot county at a couple locations. (Crown downtown and Easton Point marina). When I lived there and kept boat on trailer that is all I ever used. Now live at Kent narrows and nowhere in queen anne county has it. Something about it being a green county so they can't? I find it unbelievable and ridiculous that at least marinas don't have it.

The crown downtown is frightfully expensive. At Easton pt marina on Port street and a station practically across the street from it also has it at a much better price. I was thinking of buying it and putting in gas cans in my trunk but just don't think that is a good idea. I burn enough to be doing that 3 times a week.

Someone could probably make a buck if they had a pickup with a tank in the back and trucked it here.:)

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

May all be a moot point anyway. I heard on the news this week that extensive and prolonged flooding in the corn belt may result in the smallest corn corp in many years. Guess we shall see if we got the corn.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast