Question Spanish Mac recipes
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Spanish Mac recipes

I know there was a thread on this a couple years ago but I can't find it. Anyone willing to share their recipes???

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Coastal View Post
    I know there was a thread on this a couple years ago but I can't find it. Anyone willing to share their recipes???
    1. Filet, I leave the skin on, but you can remove if you like, rinse in cheap beer, batter in House Autry breader of whichever flavor you like (I do medium hot) and fry in peanut oil. Serve with homemade tartar sauce. In my opinion, skip the pickle relish and chop up gherkins instead when you make tartar. Much saltier and tangy. Throw in fresh dill as well.

2. I've got a sidebox smoker attachment on my grill. Last year I put filets on cedar planks, used garlic powder, salt, paprika, smoked for a good long while with apple wood, then basted with a white wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice wash. Smoked it till it was good and flaky. It was excellent. I put it in a spread, ate it on breakfast sandwiches, on salads with blue cheese dressing and even vac sealed and froze some. Not as good as fresh, but not bad!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I here they are great smoked but never tried it, but I love em fried when their fresh, make a batter and dump em in the greese!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Filet, leave skin on, marinate in zesty Italian salad dressing, grill on a flat-top grill or open-grate grill in a fish basket.

Deep Fry

your first recipe made me laugh out loud.. not to take this sideways but...

30+ years ago, fishing off an old seawall in the upper Niagara River (Buffalo NY), we were catching Sheepheads. Nothing like here. They were trash fish especially with the water quality back then..

The story went that you would catch a bunch, clean and season, and cook on a board for 20 minutes. take it out of the oven, throw the fish out and eat the board...

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been wanting to try smoking but have yet to pull the trigger on a smoker...I spend all my money fishing!!!

I remember someone using mayonnaise on Spanish...sounded weird but I was hoping it would come back up so I could try it.

My granddad (grew up on the Dan and James Rivers in the 30's-40's) used to say that about carp--- with one additional ingredient. Nail them to a board, stuff them with horse crap, bake them in the oven, throw the fish away, eat the horse crap!

Llololololol

Default Mayo & Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Coastal View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I've been wanting to try smoking but have yet to pull the trigger on a smoker...I spend all my money fishing!!!

I remember someone using mayonnaise on Spanish...sounded weird but I was hoping it would come back up so I could try it.
    Keep the skin on (facing down) and then lightly cover filet with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cook in oven broiler.
    Tom