Fishing Report Perch fishing 6-12-19

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,367
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Perch fishing 6-12-19

    Perch fishing 6-12-19

    I fished until 8:30 this morning and caught about 15-or 20 perch. Caught on lure in picture. Damn extra extra low tide, and not moving much. Not good for me. Had to wait for the last 1/2 Hr. when tide started moving. Then it was on. I am hooking some pretty large cat fish that break my light perch line. Never seen this many cats here before.Attachment 253159Attachment 253161

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Thanks for the report Andy, nice job on the perch. The catfish are everywhere.

    Mike

  4. #3
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Nice work! How big were the cats? That electric chicken (bubblegum) pattern (in 5 inch jigs) has been hot and cold for us while targeting rockfish in the shallows.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,367
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I guess the cats were about 4 or 5 Lbs. I would have no problem landing them standing on shore, but At this spot I am on a pier and can't reach them or lift them up on pier. That lure is like a Beetle Spin. I buy safety pin blades and add to any of my lures. Just as good as Beetle Spins, and much cheaper. If they make large safety Pins, might be good to add to your rock fish jigs. Maybe!Attachment 253163

  7. #5
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    I guess the cats were about 4 or 5 Lbs. I would have no problem landing them standing on shore, but At this spot I am on a pier and can't reach them or lift them up on pier.
    I was wondering about that. I landed many a 5-6 lb channels "back in the day" at Great Falls on 6 lb test, but I had the benefit of a shoreline.

    Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    That lure is like a Beetle Spin. I buy safety pin blades and add to any of my lures. Just as good as Beetle Spins, and much cheaper. If they make large safety Pins, might be good to add to your rock fish jigs. Maybe!Attachment 253163
    Thanks for the tip Andy. Enjoy those perch!

    Don

  8. #6
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Good catching there Andy. Catfish were very active when I came down last year, and I wouldn't mind getting into them again while still prospecting for the "others".

  9. #7
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,367
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmusician1 View Post
    Good catching there Andy. Catfish were very active when I came down last year, and I wouldn't mind getting into them again while still prospecting for the "others".
    ---------You will have no problem catching cat fish in the bay or in the river. Have you ever fished the Tread Avon River. It is good for rock fish, white perch, and now cat fish.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.