Rappahannock River Fishing
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Rappahannock River Fishing

Family and I heading to the River up near Belle Isle State Park and wanted to know what fish species are running and where some good spots would be. Thanks in advance for the information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hope you like catfish, maybe some white perch. Let us know.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mac83 View Post
    Family and I heading to the River up near Belle Isle State Park and wanted to know what fish species are running and where some good spots would be. Thanks in advance for the information.
    Assuming you may have a boat. Get your self into 3-6’ of water on the north side of the river on a moving tide (up or down) near shore but around docks, old pilings, riprap stone, grass beds or any other structure and cast 4” plastic paddle tails or Gulp swmimming mullets in chartreuse or white on 1/4 OZ jig heads around, under and parallel to the target. You might get a striper, speckled trout, puppy drum, flounder, white perch or croaker. They are all out there now. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SlateDog View Post
    Assuming you may have a boat. Get your self into 3-6’ of water on the north side of the river on a moving tide (up or down) near shore but around docks, old pilings, riprap stone, grass beds or any other structure and cast 4” plastic paddle tails or Gulp swmimming mullets in chartreuse or white on 1/4 OZ jig heads around, under and parallel to the target. You might get a striper, speckled trout, puppy drum, flounder, white perch or croaker. They are all out there now. Good luck.
    I agree with SlateDog. Use some stealth and make more of an effort to get out there especially if the weather is a little overcast. I've had better luck in the Rappahannock shallows then instead of on the sunny days.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements