Fishing Report Happy Fathers Day Guys and 2 Off the Bucket List
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Happy Fathers Day Guys and 2 Off the Bucket List

Hey Guys..

Happy Fathers Day.

Went out Saturday bright and early. It couldn't have been a better day. Turned south again and trolled from Virginia Beach to Sandbridge.

Checked 2 more off the bucket list..

Got 2 Spanish Mackerel (17" range) to the boat with 3 other hard hits but didn't get them close to ID.
    Got my prerequisite Skate.
    and a Bull Red. This guy hit the trolling lure as I was releasing a Mack. Thought I had snagged. Started to reel the 'snag' up, then a head shake.. I have never gotten a Bull Red so I thought it might have been a monster Ray.. Not a lot of action but strong.. Realized it was a fish when I got him to the surface and he kicked back.. He released himself - broke the hook off the Lure

Anyway.. Will be trying to get out again real soon..

Stay safe and tight lines
    Steve

Bull Red - disappointed that this was the only shot of him and there isn't anything to judge the size against..

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

What did he hit???

I wouldn't have believed it...

The Mack's like this..

Steve

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Steve was water still pretty clear there? (I am going tomorrow and water is dirty here..)

BTW, I know it harder to do on Jet ski, but I often drag a larger spoon out the back center, for cobia and reds.. What type spoon is that? don't think I have one.. strage red tints on spoon,,,, lol, I take it you have red case for phone..?

Great report, glad you got 'em…

Charlie

Red phone case - LOLOLOLOL - yes i do - mainly to find it easier..

Google Rapala Minnow Spoon Lure - I bought a couple off eBay.. I also got a mess of old metal spoon lures the same way. the Raps looked good so i tried them first..

I have a few of the Clark Spoons with the hooks made from glass (remember a few years ago).. actually had a hook break just by dropping it in the Ski... got a package of replacement hooks - now i have to find them.

The Raps have some weight to 'em. you can see sorta tell from the pictures. I'd like to try to replace the broken hook.

As to 'water clarity' - wasn't one way or another.. I will admit that i did't really notice though - so i would guess it wasn't crystal nor muddy or green.

I'd like to get out again this week but I think life will be getting in the way big time this week.. Work, Dentist, Work, Weather (Iffy wind direction). Starting to hate the Ramp during Amateur-weekends. Will help anyway I can, we have all been there, but when a guy(s) launches then parks at the dock, then thinks it is my fault when i ask him to @#$^%$^ move so I can load up and get outa the way for somebody else... Well you know the scene.

Good luck to you sir.

Steve

Thank you! Coming down your way, unless i see something along the way, We hungs some 24-25" macs close to home prior to this last blow.. is kinda hard to leave, but not with dirty water

The 2 I got we're in the 17" area.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements