Fishing Report good day on the water saturday 6-15-19
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default good day on the water saturday 6-15-19

My son and his wife took me out for a early fathers day present., they bought the eels, clams and gas.

We started out spade fishing about 1.5 hours near the ocean side of the 4th island. My son caught a 4 lb spade and we caught 3 more between 1-3 lb. We used frozen clam, on red circle hooks, we put 1/2 oz split shot and let it drop free to about 15' depth to get them.

We pulled up anchor and drifted between the pilings between the 4th and high rise for about 1/2 hour for flounder, the tides started ripping but we did manage a couple 12' gray trout and couple oyster toads.

Then my son and his wife climbed up in the tower and we started a little off the 4th island bay side and headed up the balitmore channel in a outgoing tide into 13 k SSW winds into 2-3" seas looking for cobia. We went almost to the 3 buoy before we saw a cobia and only a few rays. We looked and looked and finally saw one to throw the eel to and brought in a 36" cobia, we let it go. We trolled to the 3rd set of buoys and then headed to the 3 island, saw a couple but they dove before we could throw to them. Finally got within a few hundred yards of the 3rd and got a 46" cobia to take the eel and brought it in the boat. We then headed toward the 2nd island but since were still fighting 2-3' seas, we decided to call it quits and head home to filet some fish for dinner. Great day spent with my son and daughter in law. All told we cruised around 30 miles and used 3 eels, and a pack of clams but had a great time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Congratulations Terry

Those types of Presents 'eels, clams and gas' = best - Ties, Wallets, Slippers = bad.. LOL

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Now that's a great fathers day present! Good stuff

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good stuff! Thanks for report... been slow here

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the report Terry

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good times on the water with family and a few fish to clean when you get back. Nothing better. Thanks for the report.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements