Looking for lure eyes

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Looking for lure eyes

Hello , I am looking for the eyes the use in the pac man molds and big eye bullet molds . After googling this for hours all I can come up with is 3D stick on eyes . I want something a little thicker . I am using them for my sea witch head which have a 1/4” eye socket recessed in the head .

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Tochertmans on Eastern ave in Baltimore

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut28 View Post
    Hello , I am looking for the eyes the use in the pac man molds and big eye bullet molds . After googling this for hours all I can come up with is 3D stick on eyes . I want something a little thicker . I am using them for my sea witch head which have a 1/4” eye socket recessed in the head .
    Try marbles from Michaels

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

After going through my box full of old bucktails I found a bunch of them where most of the color was gone and they just looked like lead. I was going to get some white or chartreuse paint and repaint them and was wondering about "eyes". Do they really make a difference? I suppose I could get a little red or black and put spots on either side?

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I make almost all my jigs, 1/4oz to 1.5oz, from scratch. I buy 3-D eyes from Bass Pro. I think these are the ones you are referring to. They do look good but you definitely need a recessed eye socket or at least a flat surface to stick tightly. Just can’t stick flat, rigid eyes on round surfaces… but you already know that.

Michael’s hobby store is like a huge fly tying supply shop, only cheaper. Tons of stuff there can be used to make fishing lures from dry flies to striper jigs. I not only do I use the Bass Pro 3-D eyes but I also use stick-on rhinestones from Michaels. They are sold in all sizes you can think of from big honkers to itty-bitty ones in a huge variety of colors.

In the picture below many of my jig heads have flat sides, flat enough to accept a stick-on eye. Some of the jigs have recessed eye sockets and these I glue in rhinestones using a drop of 2-part, 30 minute, clear epoxy. Good luck.

Jigs & eyes-B.JPG

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements