Need some Help Is this boat suitable for the bay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm really thinking about getting this boat and just want some feedback from other experienced boaters if this boat would be suitable for the inlet and the channels in the bay. Not planning on going off shore lol. Just not sure if it's enough boat for the channels and inlet. It's not s V bottom. Any help guys would be great . It's a 15 ft Troller with a 30 hp also has trolling motors. Just looking for something to get me and my sons on the water but I dont want to buy this if it's not enough. Thanks guys for any and all feedback.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190620-053037_Chrome_1561023167513.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	253209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190620-053105_Chrome_1561023183868.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	723.4 KB 
ID:	253211  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It looks like it is a nice boat and would do great for the river and inlets. If you decide to take it out into the bay, I would not go more than a mile or two. The bay can turn rough quick. Since it has a flat bottom, it will pound you in the waves.

here is a couple web sites to help you decide if you want to go out on the water. https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_pa...?station=44064
    https://marine.weather.gov/MapClick....7#.XQt2jetKh0x
    http://fishcurrents.com/map.html#ignoreparams

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Stay in the inlets...you don't get a do over. It is too small for the bay, it does look like a very good boat for specs, puppies, etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tcannonsr View Post
    Stay in the inlets...you don't get a do over. It is too small for the bay, it does look like a very good boat for specs, puppies, etc.
    agreed. I would look at something else. If you want to fish the bay that is. there might be a day or two you could take her out. but thats pushing it. a wake from a tanker or boat would swamp you. not a chance I would take this boat out in the bay.

As someone who stretches a dollar too far sometimes, I'd say that would be a fine boat for inshore saltwater i.e. smaller protected rivers, backwaters, ocean side of the eastern shore between the barrier islands on nice days, etc. If you want to be in the bay at all, I'd look elsewhere.

Cool old boat though!

Thank you guys for the replys. I really only go to chincoteague like around Memorial park area up to the bridge . I dont have any desire to take it deeper out in the bay just the channels and maybe towards the inlet. Waters are pretty calm there unless real windy day.

I know that area, you should be fine. Plenty of smaller waters to explore, typically less crowded too.

Good input guys. I have a similar sized boat that I use in the inlets. I have no issues with it but the wife gets nervous with every passing boat!

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I would have a really good bilge pump. I would worry about taking water over the sides if it gets rough or a passing wake. Looks like a fun toy to go into skinny water with.

It actually doesnt have a bilge pump yet but I will be putting ok next in. It actually sets up alot higher then I would of expected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast