Fishing in the Rapp
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fishing in the Rapp

I’m located relatively near marker 10 on the Rapp, haven’t been catching any croaker on squid this Summer only catfish in the creek thus far been disappointing.. Tried the shallows on the Rapp with gulps on jig heads and haven’t had much luck either going for other species just getting a little frustrated I can’t seem to catch much worthwhile any time of day, bait changes or suggestions that may improve the luck finding what’s in this area of the river this time of year? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Invitation to Meeting of NNAC on Saturday Night

I have done very little fishing this year and can't give you much help on current fishing conditions. But I can recommend that you consider joining us at the meeting of the Northern Neck Anglers Club on Saturday night at 7 PM. The meeting is open to the public and without any charge. The club's web site is here: https://northernneckanglersclub.wordpress.com.
    The location of the meeting is listed below:

Saturday June 29, 2019
    NNAC meeting open to public. 7:00 pm at the Wicomico Parish Church
    5191 Jessie DuPont Memorial Highway, Wicomico Church VA

Members and guests are invited to give recent fishing reports and you could perhaps meet some members who fish near your location. We will also have a guest speaker.

Tom

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Shallows were hot for me in the last week of May and first two weeks of June. Slowed considerably now. Not sure why. I did see a cobia above the bridge on the Rapp on the surface last week. Close to the boat and I had no suitable reel on board to throw anything at him. Got to remember to keep a larger rig on board for those moments. I rarely see them up river but I had an old timer at Remlik Marina tell me they use to catch off the green can at Morratico using live croaker.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What's the 'green can' SlateDog?
    I live around that area and spend most of my time between 10 & 13. I've fished the river for the last 9 years and this has been the least productive by far.
    I hardly saw anyone fishing this part of the river during rockfish season. When my wife asks if I'm going out fishing I say no, I'm going wishing ~

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    What's the 'green can' SlateDog?
    I live around that area and spend most of my time between 10 & 13. I've fished the river for the last 9 years and this has been the least productive by far.
    I hardly saw anyone fishing this part of the river during rockfish season. When my wife asks if I'm going out fishing I say no, I'm going wishing ~
    I think he was referring to what is now the flashing 4 second green marker sitting between Tarpleys Pt and Curletts Pt in about 6-7' FOW and on the edge of the somewhat deeper finger of water that comes in there. This fella was probably 85 years old so no telling what was there in 1950! I've been disappointed in the skinny water fishing of late for sure. It was great 4 weeks ago and just turned off hard lately. Hopefully things will pick up. Don't know if you don't go as they say

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements