Fishing Report Weds - Sandy Point

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Weds - Sandy Point

Took my son and his girlfriend ( Julie ) out this afternoon - launched about 1:00. South breeze slowly built to about 15 - lot of whitecaps / small craft posted.

No big deal for my boat - but we did keep eye on a few small 14-16 footers - one with four men on it. Julie has never been on boat before but did great.

We found Spot in 14 feet south of bridge - as well as north. Much nicer north of bridge - last of incoming. Lot of Spot were on small side ( to me ) 5 inchers. I like the larger 7-9 inch ones for live lining. We had to drop down to #6 hooks to get the small Spot.

Put about 20 in livewell and ran over to east side bridge pilings. Current was just starting out - made it tough with south wind.

We got hit on every Spot - only trouble was the small Spot got attention of 18-18 1/2 inchers. Managed to get six fish limit of 20 to 22 with one about 25 inches.

Think if we had large Spot - been much heavier cooler.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks For the Report Skip!!!! Hope to be fishing this week as well..

Capt. Ted

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Skip,

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping for some similar results this weekend. I'm done with fishing the Ptap this year.
    I don't think it will ever recover after all these storms and sewerage dumps. Four years ago I could get stripers
    with no problem at all, the past two years they're just not there. Eastern bay bound for me this year.

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Skip,

Thanks for the report, and nice going! You mentioned wanting larger spot to get bigger fish. How do you prevent the smaller rock from hitting them? Would you just move? The problem I've had in the past is that the larger spot get mauled by the smaller rock, but these smaller fish cant inhale them. Any suggestions?

Don

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Skip - any weight added to the spot to get them down?

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Skorcher - Yes , really big split shot. Think they are 3/16 oz.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.