Good Information Fishing History, Technique and Gears

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Post Fishing History, Technique and Gears

Here we discuss Fishing History, Technique, and Gears. Share your knowledge and experience to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm old enough to remember back in the '50s and early '60s when hard body lures, spoons, striper jigs and quillbies (aka: shad darts) & spinners occupied the full length of the display racks. And soft plastics ocuppied a tiny niche on the end of the isles. And they were mostly creme worms of various lengths with the triple hook set-up with a propeller with red beards on the front of the rig. NOW it's pretty much the opposite... but 3 hooked creme worm rigs are still available, pretty much unchanged.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HJS View Post
    I'm old enough to remember back in the '50s and early '60s when hard body lures, spoons, striper jigs and quillbies (aka: shad darts) & spinners occupied the full length of the display racks. And soft plastics ocuppied a tiny niche on the end of the isles. And they were mostly creme worms of various lengths with the triple hook set-up with a propeller with red beards on the front of the rig. NOW it's pretty much the opposite... but 3 hooked creme worm rigs are still available, pretty much unchanged.
    I agree with your assessment that soft plastics are replacing other baits. Scented or flavored plastics are dominating the market place and replacing natural baits such as salmon eggs, crickets, night crawlers, fish and bloodworms. More successful for the fisherman and easier to sort. I have been out-fished on trout streams using real nightcrawlers while other fisherman were limiting out on plastic scented worms...

Another factor is access to information via the Internet. Current hotspots, local successful baits and techniques and information regarding current and predicted water conditions all help us fisherman focus on the right areas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements