Question Suggestion for Rockfish regulations - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    I have to agree. No legal size limit., 2 and your done. The floaters below the bridge is horrific
    Agreed... I would say however fish over 33" should be let go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Trolled below the bridge this weekend. It was very depressing

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

For those that support the 2 and done rule, are you really going to catch your limit of 12” fish on some days and go home?

Really?

Conceptually I agree it is fine if the first fish caught are 18-19” fish but really, how much meat is on a 15” rockfish? Ain’t worth keeping.

The charters are going to have fun booking $600 trips for 15”-16” fish.

Chris

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I don’t eat fish, plus rockfish are not really that good to eat. So, yes! I’ll catch my 2 15” fish and go home, but it’s not about what I want. It’s about the sea of dead fish below the bridge.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes and the best GUARANTEED WAY to prevent that is to close the summer season, the way it was after the moratorium.

If it’s really about preventing floaters and dead loss as you say then there is only one true solution that will prevent it. The alternatives are like being sorta pregnant.

It’s like cancer, you hate the diagnosis, hate the treatment more, but in the end, there is only one decision and cure. And ya know what? IT SUCKS!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

First I would go back to when mortarium was first lifted and trophy season you received a tag for your "trophy fish" one a done and increase the size limit to the high 30s inch size. Make chumming illegal. The concentration of fish that will accumulate on a large slick while multiple boats hammer fish is terrible. The striper is the meat fish. Most feel they have to take fish home to appease their expense for the trip.

In lieu of closing the season, perhaps implementing artificial only throughout the season?

Quote Originally Posted by donp View Post
    In lieu of closing the season, perhaps implementing artificial only throughout the season?
    As an artificial only catch and release guy I would love to see that!! Bait okay if you are really meat fishing but 'for fun' should not be used!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    As an artificial only catch and release guy I would love to see that!! Bait okay if you are really meat fishing but 'for fun' should not be used!
    Because artificial in the summer hot water doesn't stress the fish?

Chuck

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm going to refrain from suggestions because no matter what you say, you're gonna piss some user group off. It doesn't matter what I think any way. The striper fishery is one hard fish to manage as it migrates through 16 States with 4 user groups in each State. The bay is in a world of hurt right now. It's not going to affect me because I do very little striper fishing. I have found alternative fish to target. Always have plan B.......... Gary

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast