Question Suggestion for Rockfish regulations - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    Because artificial in the summer hot water doesn't stress the fish?

Chuck
    Point taken...

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Shouldn’t all of these ideas be forwarded to DNR instead of bull$hitting about it on TF? Just saying!

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bebopper View Post
    Shouldn’t all of these ideas be forwarded to DNR instead of bull$hitting about it on TF? Just saying!
    Like they give a rats ass about a bunch of TF posters. When they hold a time for public input, their minds are already made up and it's just a formality. By the way, who is the King of Bullshit?????.......Gary

I am pretty sure DNR monitors this website as well as other forums looking for issues, infractions, etc. Like Gary said, do you really think they care? Vested interests and obligations to those paying to be heard have a higher priority, if you know what I mean.

For example, there have been documented cases of people being busted either in OC or Delaware (can’t remember for sure) by posting pictures of protected sharks on the beach after being illegally removed from the water. Officers would sweep in while there were still there with photographic proof.

Chris

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by done workin View Post
    I am pretty sure DNR monitors this website as well as other forums looking for issues, infractions, etc. Like Gary said, do you really think they care? Vested interests and obligations to those paying to be heard have a higher priority, if you know what I mean.

For example, there have been documented cases of people being busted either in OC or Delaware (can’t remember for sure) by posting pictures of protected sharks on the beach after being illegally removed from the water. Officers would sweep in while there were still there with photographic proof.

Chris
    Even the people busted for posting pictures of sharks they drug up on the beach is a Federal violation and not local DNR. This is done by the Feds mostly to set an example and curb it from happening again and again. Basicly all internet forums are nothing but " bullshit" No one takes them serious....... Gary

As far as I know DNR would still have jurisdiction on the beach and into the ocean for 3 miles and possession (by legal definition not “in the cooler” definition) of a prohibited species is still a state violation, at least according to COMAR. Also subject to federal but not exempt from the state.
    Last edited by done workin; 07-18-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bigrockhunter View Post
    Livelining at the bridge on Sunday with the fleet. We caught about 12 fish and 8 were between 17 and 18.99. A few swallowed the hook and were gut hooked. Got me thinking what if they change the rule so you could keep gut hooked undersized fish if you cut off the hook and left it gut hooked. This would still count against the 2 per person limit, but would mean less dead floating fish. We would have happily kept the fish that were gut hooked and sure were just going to die.

Thoughts
    If you participating do you feel you’re part of the problem or the solution?

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Let the shitstorm commence.....

My vote would be to shut it down completely from July 5 through mid-September. This would include C&R.

Chuck

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    Let the shitstorm commence.....

My vote would be to shut it down completely from July 5 through mid-September. This would include C&R.

Chuck
    Be better if September 2020 so stock could actually grow...

They had a meeting last night from what I read on FB. Threw some proposals out there. A couple were starting the trophy season later and ending the season sooner. Limiting fishing time in the summer to early morning to before noon. Maintaining size and creel limit in bay. Cutting back to one fish ocean side. Maybe someone can find the minutes of the needing.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast