Tidal Fish Forum banner

Rappahannock/Corrotoman Report - Decent variety

Fishing Report 
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Deep Fry 
#1 ·
Went out yesterday morning and caught 6 specks, 1 small flounder, perch, croaker and probably about a dozen rock around various docks and structure. Moving tide was key as the fishing shut down for about an hour until the tide started flowing again. Anyone catching any puppy drum in the area?

#3 ·
Good job on the specks :thumbup: Thx for reporting. Brave battling this heat in a yak. I have not seen a pup in 2019. Been trying to find some too. Not as many flounder as last year either in skinny water at least. I plan on getting out when this weather breaks a bit.

#5 ·
Similar experience re: spanish and spades. I have been heading to the CBBT for spades though, been about 3 weeks since I've been. I know there are other places up the bay (closer to home) that hold them but just haven't tried. We caught a bunch that were bluegill sized around plantation light over the 4th. I'm assuming York Spit Light is the same? Any advice on spots closer to the middle and lower peninsula would be much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.