Need some Help ocean city MD inlet navigation advice & wreck fishing
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default ocean city MD inlet navigation advice & wreck fishing

I have a 23 Tidewater CC single 250 engine Yam. heading to OC Maryland next week for a week of vac and fishing . I am used to fishing the back bays and inlet . Was thinking of running out the inlet if there is any CLOSE worthwhile wreck fishing locations .

Any advice for safe navigation through the OC inlet ? Im figuring a strong westerly wind with with High tide will create a rough inlet going out ? What is the best route for calm water going in and out ? Any shoals to be concerned with ? Any wind/tide combinations I should avoid ?

Anyone willing to give coordinates for close wrecks ? I really don't want to navigate much more than 3-4 miles out from the inlet .

Appreciate any advice .

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

As far as the inlet itself, an incoming tide will pile up on the inlet shoal especially when opposed with a west wind. Even a SE wind pushing it harder can pile it up pretty good.

Same with an outgoing and an E/SE, but I don’t think this is as problematic most days.

If you need to, cheat to the tip of either jetty, most rocks are what you can see with only a few that extend off the tips. Alot of days you can find a little gap in there to shoot through and avoid the main washing machine.

I run it in my Wellcraft V20 when I’m down there and most days it’s not that bad. If you commit to it, commit. If it’s bad, better chance of going through it bow first than trying to turn around in between. It often looks worse than it is.

As far as reefs or wrecks, go to the Ocean City Reef foundation website or grab one of the wreck maps from one of the tackle shops down there.

Chris

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thank you Chris . Will do !

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements