Fishing Report SMH love pt trolling-7/21

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default SMH love pt trolling-7/21

Got underway at 5am and started putting out 8 rod spread at 5:45. Mix of tandem buck tails with inline weights 2-10oz and 4 down planners #1-3. 6:15 good hit on short right rigger and pulling good-got a look it was a double header that decided to take a hard right 20 feet from the boat and cross a #1 and #2 planner rod. Anyone who runs down planners knows what kind of mess that made. Boated the two fish. 20&22 inchers. Put the 22 in the box and released the 20 and got started cleaning up the mess. Had to cut and re-rig the two planner rods. Wind picked up out of the west and made a good 2 foot chop. Picked up 3-4 shorts and a 22incher and pulled them at 9:30 and headed in. Felt 20 degrees hotter when I got back to the marina. A lot of me shaking my head today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Appreciate the report.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Trolling tangles can be a real mess, and can be really frustrating. Glad that you got some fish though to make it worthwhile.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements