Fishing Report Sandy Point Monday - quick trip

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Sandy Point Monday - quick trip

Had a few hours this morning so decided to go fishing. Launched at Sandy Point at 6:30 am - had boat in water and truck parked when my phone rang. My buddy who was supposed to meet me overslept. No big deal - I often fish alone , trouble was he was bringing ice. Damn.

The store at Sandy Point was closed - I figured I'd go fishing and if got Rockfish - use livewell until back at Sandy Point.

Found Spot in 15 feet - bay was flat calm with incoming just starting.

Got about 15 Spot - plus about same number of 4-6 inch Croakers. Idled slowly up to a 27 Judge - thinking it might be Jason - Rocking Robin. Sure enough it was - I asked if he had any extra ice. Good luck - he gave me about 16 pounds.

Ran north to 30 feet and found Rock on meter. Batted 1,000 - two keepers on two spot. Nice 22 and 26 incher. Ran back to bridge to try for Perch.

Had VHF on and heard small craft warning for around noon. Filleted a Spot and Perch came in fast. Had to weed through them but soon had about 14 decent ones.

Got back to ramp about 9:00 as wind was increasing. I texted my buddy photo - doubt he'll over sleep next trip.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

You make it look easy, that text had to sting a bit lol

beautiful day on the water and fish in the cooler. Nothing better than that.
    Nice job.

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Nice report Skip, glad to hear the spot and croaker are there.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great Report! Wife called my Monday Morning (5:45am) to let me know the bay was flat and I should get out there ASAP. She was supposed to take my commuter car as my truck is in the shop and I can tow with her car. Silence, oops she says, she forgot. So I was land based Monday looking at everyone else fishing out there. However, I did get some nice keeper perch. Next time :-)

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements