Good Information Suprising Bluefish
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Suprising Bluefish

Kept some bluefish the other day with intentions of striping down and salting for flounder bait for a later time. When I fileted them while cleaning my Spanish I noticed the meat didn't have much red meat on it (small blues) I decided to make smoked fish dip and smoked the blue with the Spanish. I made two recipes Spanish Dip and Bluefish Dip.To my suprise the blue fish dip turned out to be very tasty. Found that smoking fish and putting in frig over night made seperating fish from skin and getting the red meat out a lot easier. Will definitely make smoked Bluefish dip again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the info. Will have to try it

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Have been told Bluefish cakes are excellent also ..

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Once you have tried Bluefish cakes you will never throw another one back! Use the recipe for crab cakes on the old bay can and add diced onions to it. Boil your blue fish first before adding to the mix. Let them sit over night in the fridge on wax paper or covered in plastic wrap to firm up. You can fry them(My favorite) or broil them. Great taste!

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Some of the best fish I've ever had was blackened bluefish at the Barrier Island restaurant in Duck, NC many years ago.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

We love smoked bluefish dip also, although my wife insists on calling it Pâté I always come home from a day fishing with a load of blues to smoke...nobody else I fish with can stand 'em.

One tip I learned about bluefish: mustard is a natural seasoning match for blues. Try some mustard in the deep, smeared (glazed) on top of the filets when broiling or baking un-smoked blues, or most any other way you like blues.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

my wife insists on calling it Pâté Thanks for laugh.. we need one every so often!

10. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements