Question Spanish Mackerel recipes - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Eventful weekend of catching spanish with some decent blues at Cedar Point, had a little sashimi, a little ceviche, a lot of fried on Saturday. Then sunday I smoked up about 3# of mack and blues. Half was a soy based brine and the other half just standard salt/sugar w/ some garlic powder. Also brined and smoked a few mack skins which make great jerkey. And I swear the best part of a mack is the roe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by O sea D View Post
    I have to disagree we put ours in alluminum foil little olive oil salt pepper fresh rosemary simply delicious. Nothing like those oily macks used to catch down ocean city in the spring . Used to throw them in the dumpster at clydes sport shop after getting citation 😂
    This.^

An old boot tastes fine if smothered in batter and fried. If I'm going through the trouble/expense to catch different types of fish, I prefer to let their individual qualities shine on the plate. The only thing I'd add is that Mac meat can be very soft/mushy. The ones I cooked last weekend, I pan seared for about 1-minute in a little olive oil to crisp them up a bit, then cooked them in foil with herbs for an additional 7-8 minutes. Everyone loved them and I have not found them to be especially oily.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

The ones we dont use for Blue Marlin bait we cook on the grill with everglades seasoning butter and s&P wrapped in tin foil and placed on the grill for 3 minutes on each side.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Best way to cook Spanish Mac- Bluefish. Filet with no skin. Split filets in half removing the centerline bones. Now break an egg in a bowl and add a big squirt of yellow mustard. Mix egg and mustard. Now take the filets and dip into egg mixture. Now roll in a mixture of House Autry Seafood breaded. Fry in a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Brown on both sides. Enjoy 😃

Quote Originally Posted by little bubba View Post
    Best way to cook Spanish Mac- Bluefish. Filet with no skin. Split filets in half removing the centerline bones. Now break an egg in a bowl and add a big squirt of yellow mustard. Mix egg and mustard. Now take the filets and dip into egg mixture. Now roll in a mixture of House Autry Seafood breaded. Fry in a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Brown on both sides. Enjoy 😃
    Prepared as above , but rubbed with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprica, lemon slices on top. Put in broiler for about 5 minutes.
    Very tasty! We bled them in a bucket of water when caught, then put them on ice. These fish are very tasty, not strong in any way. Cant wait to get some more!.....Joe

IMO - Best Mac is a BIG Mac Grumpy

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23