Fishing Report Giant Bull Reds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Bull Reds

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Giant Bull Reds

I had the opportunity to go on a walk on trip with Captain Walleye Pete. My brother was visiting from Michigan and I was able to get him on the boat as well. He doesn't get to fish that often, so this was a treat for him. We were joined by Jacob, John, Jason, and his daughter Lauren.

We started off fishing structure and thew topwaters and crankbaits. Schoolies were mostly caught, but there were some keepers mixed in. Later in the day Pete started looking for breakers. When we found them, it was constant action with schoolies. We threw heavy metals with hopes of hooking into a bull red underneath the schoolies. My brother was slowly working a stingsilver tight to the bottom. He said he had a very subtle bite and set the hook. Then his drag start screaming. The first bull red was on. He landed it after several minutes and it weighed 47lbs on the boga. After a few pictures, while the fish was being released, Jacob hooks up with another red. This fish weighed 42lbs on the boga. Later that morning, it was my turn. My fish weighed 38lbs. A couple minutes later, Lauren hooks up. She was at the front of the boat and her dad Jason helped bring it to the back, so she could fight it better. She did a great job fighting the fish and it weighed 42lbs on the boga. We finished the day fishing breakers. We caught a few more keeper stripers, some blues, and I caught my first Spanish mackerel.

It was an epic day of light tackle fishing on the Chesapeake Bay. Big props to Captain Walleye Pete for putting us on the fish. It will be very hard to top this trip. Below is a video of the trip. Here's a link to it if you can't view the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgai8PjQYPc&t=172s

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow , that is as good as it gets.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow ...What an amazing fishing trip you guys had.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Pete, you da man!

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nothing like a bent, Backyard Rod and a screaming drag. Great job on the fish and video Tommy. That was an epic trip. See you on the water soon..... Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Great fishing and video. WOW!

Thanks guys. This was a hard video to make. I had so much footage to go through and cut out. Pete really knows these waters well. Whenever I try to repeat the same thing on my boat I don't do as well. Wish I had more time to spend on the water. I'm hoping to get out this weekend.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Once again Tommy you've provided a great fact filled video of a memory making fishing trip.
    Captain Pete should hire you as his production chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Dale View Post
    Once again Tommy you've provided a great fact filled video of a memory making fishing trip.
    Captain Pete should hire you as his production chief!
    Thanks Capt. Dale. I can make a decent video when I can capture great footage like that. That sounds like a great idea. I hope he can afford me. LOL!

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Pete is a fantastic guide and knows the waters he fishes as well as anybody on the bay. He would love the fishery we enjoy down here in southern Florida and this is the place for big critters.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast