Fishing lancaster/morratico/mulberry creek
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Fishing lancaster/morratico/mulberry creek

Evening everyone, I’m thinking of putting in around dawn tomorrow as tide’s ebbing and heading fairly short distance to this general area. Was thinking of just casting/ jigging with 1/4 oz-3/8oz heads with grubs, possibly dropping some squid down on double rigs. Anyone have any other suggestions/ had any luck with any particular bait/ species in the area? Thanks for any help, and the short notice if anyone catches this in the next 12 hours!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Sorry! Missed your time window. Hope you had a good trip

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hey, just making another post in hopes this will get pushed up.. will be in the same area again this weekend wondering what's biting/ any advice on what to go out with. Picked up some 3" gulp minnows to put on 1/4oz jig heads and a couple 1/4oz spoons i was going to try around these same areas in the Rappahannock. Any advice on tides/when/where would be much appreciated! Last time just caught a few small striper and croaker was all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hope you did well. I haven't fished much in a few weeks due to family. I did catch an undersize flounder a little further up than the area mentioned about 4 weeks ago, which I haven't seen 1 that far up in a few years. I know of a trout or 2 caught as far up as the power lines. Sounds like you got some good lures. I prefer the 4" gulp but doubt it makes much difference. Have done well this year with the shrimp as well with specks. I live up Lancaster Creek, just got back home last Friday after being out of town for a while. Lots of small bunker and crabs up there. Good to see the life back in the water up our way. I think the best fishing is yet to come.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements