Fishing Report Spanish above Tolchester - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I thought about running small steel leaders in front and behind my planers as well as my spoons. The kind you buy 5 pack at the store. Not sure how visible they would be and if it would mess up the bite

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cmp8254 View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with macs “stealing” your spoons? Every time I go out I am losing 2-3. It is not knot failure, as the leaders are quite frayed/chewed up. I am using 30lb mono and dont want to go any bigger as I find 40 and above harder to work with. Is anyone using wire or is 2-3 spoons just the cost of playing?
    I've been using 20 lb. leaders and check them after every hookup. If any fray I replace/retie. I only had one bite off in two outings. I try to get them to the boat as quickly as possible....Joe

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I use 50lb fluorocarbon leader and have been replacing after each trip. It’s busted up pretty good by the end of the day but I’m yet to have one cut off.......just one Clark spoon that the hook failed and broke off

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12