Question Advice on GPS/Fishfinder
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Advice on GPS/Fishfinder

Looking to replace the GPS/Fishfinder on boat. Was curious what all recommend. This will be installed on a pontoon boat. Previous one was a Raymarine DS500X Im looking for decent size color screen, GPS/Fish Finder combo. I would consider a used one in very good condition if anyone has one. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Simrads are the best. Sometimes there are great specials on them too

All of the major brands will produce a comparable display if installed properly. Much of what you see on screen depends on the size of the display and the quality of your transducer(s). After owning a current model Lowrance, I much prefer Garmin. The navigation through menu options is very intuitive by comparison. Sort of like an iPhone. No big deal once you learn it but that takes frequent use. Go to a store and play with the displays. A 7inch touch screen with the standard 500 watt package transducer is plenty medicine for a pontoon. You could go a size smaller than that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I have a Garmin 94 sv used only about 10 times in new condition. Chirp with blue water charts ready to go for $400 includes $300 side scan transducer and everything needed to install. See add on facebook market place.

7. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements