Fishing Report Choptank River Bridge

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Choptank River Bridge

Been some time since I posted a fishing report. Sold my 20' cc in 2017 to pay for my wedding. Bought a 17' jon boat earlier this year and wanted to get it out and play w/ new set-up and new electronics. Man do I miss my old boat. LOL

Picked Saturday and brought my 2 sons (20 & 24) along to spend my birthday together. It was a beautiful day to be on the water with light winds and warm summer sun for middle of September.

We caught Perch and small spot. Most fish were small and thrown back. We tried to only keep Perch if they were over 9". Biggest one we caught was just a tick shy of 12". Most of the bigger Perch had black backs and were nice healthy fish. Used blood worms and night crawlers for bait. Standard hi-lo rig w/ anywhere from 3/4oz of weight to 1 ounce of weight. Bigger fish seemed to be tight to the bridge pilings/embankments. Shocked that we didn't catch any small Stripers mixed in w/ Perch. We had bigger rods along and wanted to live line a few Spot, but we only fished 5 hours and the Perch/Spot kept us quite busy.

I could see folks fishing from the Bill Burton Fishing Bridge. Seemed like they were catching good too up there from what I could see. Fried up some Perch Sunday night for dinner and man it doesn't get any better eating that fresh white perch. Hopefully a crabbing trip can be squeezed in, before putting the boat away for the winter...

Tight lines...

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice report. Thanks for posting

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for the report - I love white perch too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

At least you are back in the game and caught some tasty perch. Crabs are runni g good now. Good luck......... Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

That is a good report. Thanks.

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements