Fishing Report Mack attack - Weds - Thomas Point - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks Skip. That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

As far as bleeding them goes, I don't. They have such a small area of dark meat that I don't bother. I filet them. The dark meat is near the tail along the lateral line. It can easily be pared away with a sharp (very) knife if one wishes. The problem I have is that the skin is so thin it's had to skin them without going through it and leaving some on the filets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Mike - No , I don't.

I do layer the Macks in ice in cooler with drain open - very important they stay very cold.
    They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice report, you guys had a good day........

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice report, thank you for posting. I’ve been doing just as well from 7ft knoll to rock hall as I did TPL area.

Blog Entries

Leroy dropped the - I have to be back - bomb on Rick and I , hate that when fishing. .[/QUOTE] That late notice excuse after we're on the fishing grounds only works once with me. Nice to finally see some decent sized macks.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

Capt Nick ........... yes he had to get back which was unfortunate but the mackerel bite was over and we were just about out of spot for rock. We left when we were out of spot and it was about 3:30 - 4 pm so it was about time anyway. It wasnít intentional but he didnít think we would be out that late. He really felt bad about it and Iím sure it wonít happen again.

It was a GREAT day and everyone had fun and we caught excellent fish and learned a lot thanks to Skip ...... Iíll never get over how easy he makes it look.

Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhahn427 View Post
    Capt Nick ........... yes he had to get back which was unfortunate but the mackerel bite was over and we were just about out of spot for rock. We left when we were out of spot and it was about 3:30 - 4 pm so it was about time anyway. It wasnít intentional but he didnít think we would be out that late. He really felt bad about it and Iím sure it wonít happen again.

It was a GREAT day and everyone had fun and we caught excellent fish and learned a lot thanks to Skip ...... Iíll never get over how easy he makes it look.

Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.
    That's all that matters.Much better size macks than we're catching further up the Bay. We have been catching some stripers in the mid 20 in.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

27 inches=Big Mack......I love it!!!

11. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12