Omega exceeding quota

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Omega exceeding quota

because they saythe quota was arbitrarily set with no scientific basis......

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/omeg...ps-harvesting/

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by drumsfield View Post
    because they saythe quota was arbitrarily set with no scientific basis......

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/omeg...ps-harvesting/
    If ASMFC can't make them comply, they are a useless organization......... Gary
    Last edited by crabby and son; 09-19-2019 at 07:14 PM.

If they take 1 Menhaden at this point it's too much!! They have decimated the Rockfish's primary food supply!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

If Virginia says it's OK it must be OK Right? The reduction quota meetings that we all went to meant nothing to Virginia . Nothing ?
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    If Virginia says it's OK it must be OK Right? The reduction quota meetings that we all went to meant nothing to Virginia . Nothing ?
    How do I figure out what companies use their products? I want to make sure I never support them

I've been practicing law in DC for two decades. During that time, I've interacted frequently with lobbyists and industry reps. It is normal (for better or worse) for these folks to ask the lawyers how they can push the envelop of the law, or what parts of the law they should seek to change through the legislative process to better suit their interests.

What is new, however, is that certain industries, which believe they have this Presidential administration's favor, are openly exploring how far they can break the law, having received signals from this administration or the President, himself, that such lawbreaking will go unpunished by the feds. Chief among the laws to break are any environmental regulation. This administration hates environmental laws with a passion -- not just ones that are viewed as unnecessary or somewhat overbearing, but pretty much any environmental law. And they are increasingly emboldened to actively encourage certain industries to ignore them. Whether this was part of Omega's calculation, I don't have any first hand knowledge, but it certainly fits a pattern. I've never seen anything close to this in my years in DC. Omega must know that the ASMFC has no teeth without fed backing.

And by the way, none of this is being done to make businesses more competitive. They could care less how many people Omega does or does not employ. This administration, like past ones, has access to the data demonstrating that most environmental/conservation regs make business more competitive over time. Rather, the primary reason for this anti-environmental push is that environmentalists mostly identify as Democratic/liberal , which they hate, or moderate Republican, which they hate even more. Sticking it to "them" is the entire point, nothing more. We fisherman will be the collateral damage, if not the intended targets.

C'mon Jeff. It's not Trump's fault. Stop it........... Gary

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    C'mon Jeff. It's not Trump's fault. Stop it........... Gary
    Everything is Trumps fault.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Everything is Trumps fault.........don’t you know???? Don’t tell Jerry Nadler he may want to impeach..............

Nothing is Trump's fault. One person can't cause this. It's the fault of the people who enable him or turn a blind eye.

Sorry, but it gets a bit Twighlight Zonish when folks who love to fish, enjoy the outdoors, benefit from clean water, etc. can't get their head out of Trump's rear end long enough to understand that the administration they support is actively engaged in damaging all of that for no other reason than to throw a temper tantrum.

I know many good people who went into this administration and I've wondered why so many complain to me and many others but won't go public. Then I realized that I'm part of the problem by not at least passing along what I've seen and heard. Choose to ignore it if you wish. Omega and companies like it won't be sending you a Christmas card, but they appreciate your support nonetheless. They need this administration to stick around a while longer. They've always wanted to ignore the laws, but now they finally can.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast