Fishing Report Double Report Oct 5th

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Double Report Oct 5th

We started out with a brisk wind against an outgoing tide that resulting in nothing but sucking. Ah but, when the tide turned, we moved a bit and found some marks. One of the crew made a comment that he thought that this was the spot. He was right. We didn't get a monster but, we got 40-50 of these guys all afternoon.

It was a hip, young crew with whom it was fun to be on the river. It was refreshing to have conversations about fine bourbon and craft beer with younger guys that had already developed a taste and appreciation of such things.

Capt Dave

Overcast and cool was the weather. Wind was all over the place and then no wind..very odd weather wise. Water temps still 73 also. Figured the big ones would be shallow so I fished in 8 ft of water. Was almost right as 20 feet was the area of the big ones. Had some really nice hits and one even broke the line on the first run.

Capt Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Yup it’s about that time. Good to see them starting and those are some healthy eaters, except the one. Temps at Little Falls down to 70 and with temps this week, are going to drop pretty fast. Come on November!!

Might head out this weekend if I can pull myself away from archery season.

What a great fishery and a great way to pass the winter. Nothing better than an almost empty river, a calm 30-40 degree day and a bent rod.

Chris

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice job, thanks for the report.

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

There have been a ton of eaters and fish up to 30 pounds. The real big ones have eluded me this year. Maybe they will retreat the lower Potomac as the salinity rises with this draught. I'll be back on them Sunday........ Gary

Mike

Do you think there are any Gizzard Shad at Blue Plains now or does it have to get colder? Prefer the fresh shad over Mullet if they’re available.

Chris

Yes I think so...always has them. But I love the smell of mullet..

Capt Mike

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements