Question A little poll to check just how many are still active on this board - Page 9

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hiya, just saw this, been fishing too much. My best luck has been picking them off of humps lately but all around it's been slowish.

Name's Matt
    early 40's
    been fishing the upper bay / Ptap off and on for 5 years.
    I'd rather be in my canoe or kayaks than on fiberglass anyday but it's dangerous in big cold water with everything coming every direction...

If I was better at targeting hungry groups shallow enough to cast lighter lures i'd never troll again. I'm doing much better in summer! I'm still flummoxed by fall / winter...

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks everyone! I'm still tempted to print this for some enjoyable winter reading. 72 here and it looks like the board is heavy with old farts like me, lol.
    For me the fall fishery has steadily declined for the past couple of decades and i was skunked again this week. Pray that my grandkids can catch something besides blue cats.
    Stay safe out there. I fish alone nearly all the time and with ice on the deck a couple of days ago I'm thinking "you're nuts Steve".

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Define active!
    Early 70's
    Fishing since I was 5
    Only 15 on the Bay
    LTJ
    Upper Bay, Flats
    Keep "Glory Days", GW 228G, on my own lift

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Definitely active. I check in every 2 days or so during the season. Prefer chumming or run and gun. Will also do rivers and lakes especially early in season.
    68 yrs old. Been fishing Ches for at least 30 yrs. I was initially a sailboater and raced, but its been mostly fishing for last 15 yrs. Been fishing since I was 8 yo.
    Albemarle 268 Bahala na berthed on the Magothy.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

First time on in a while. 41, just wrote 40 by mistake. Been fishing the bay since 2000 when my first big striped bass was caught at ccnpp on the first cast into the boil on March 1. I hitched a ride from JayB from World Wide Angler. Fished and continue to fish everywhere I can most of my life. Favorite type.... light tackle and fly fishing, top water.... striped bass, musky and steelhead..

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good to see more July 2001 OG's on here.
    50, fishing the main bay half of that I guess. Mostly a smallmouth and trout angler anymore though, but I get offshore here and there and on the bay once or twice a year. Also fish the Nanticoke a lot off my dock. Can't wait to retire there and get serious about snakeheads and big blue cats.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hi I'm new to tidal fish. I'am 59 years old and I have been fishing the bay and rivers since I was a kid. I like to troll, chum, and live line or use light tackle what ever is working to get fish into the boat. I own a small house in St Mary's county and I go there on weekends when I got the time. Usually on holiday weekends I will trailer my boat down and launch at Pt lookout st ok. On the weekends I can't get away I will launch at either Sandy Or or Dundee Creek depending on where fishing is most active. Here's a pic from September from around Pooled Island I never seen this before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-25-09-39-33_1574427150570.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	777.8 KB 
ID:	254671  

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Awesome picture.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Welp I guess better late then never...59, Grew up in Bowie 60s-70s, fished the upper Pax from Savage to Jug Bay. Dad was a diehard freshwater fisherman from Mass. First fish ever was a 3 ft eel at Queen Annes bridge, probably around 1965. Played with it all day then kept it alive for 2 days before it went into the garden. Hurricane Agnes created ponds in the area that were loaded with bass and pickerel and sunfish of all species incl warmouth. Back then you could walk a mile, sometimes cross the river into AA county and find yourself in a wilderness. Waysons bass fishing in the late 70-80s was fantastic, not sure now. After grad school moved to Cecil Co where I am now. Fish bay and rivers from Conowingo to Crisfield. Have 4 boats. Pretty much stay on the ES side. Smallie/walleye/rockfish alot on the susky. WWA was an eye opener for me back then. Power jigging etc. Fishing after the moratorium was over the top at the bridge. When I moved to Cecil got to know the flats real well. I guess 55 yrs fishing the bay and tribs.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

let see 67, 59 years fishing the bay.

I'll fish the best way to catch any given species.

Mostly jiggen around the South River part of the bay, eastern bay;

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast