Question A little poll to check just how many are still active on this board - Page 10

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 891011 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

North of 70 years. Grew up fishing for bull heads in Wyo. irrigation reservoirs and trout in the Wyo. mountains. Started fishing the bay in 1979. Not really impressed with bay fishing then as we were bottom bouncing 14-16 oz. sinkers and catching 12-16 inch fish. Later enjoyed the big blues around the bay bridge area and the top water fishing for 2-5 lb. blues off the shores of Kent Island. Over the years fished from north of the bay bridge to Smith Point in Va. Any excuse to get out on the water and enjoy the Chesapeake Bay. We are mostly trolling and throwing top water.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Charlie S's Avatar

Hi Steve!! This my first post in many years!!! I'm 74 now and been fishing the bay for 14 years now (when i moved from NJ ) Got my Capt License 10 yrs ago,
    hooked up with a local Waterman (83yo) and have been running charters from Tilghman ever since!
    When I was a newbie I received a lot of help from many TF ers, including you! (still got my jigging stick).
    My preferred methods depend on whats happening at the time, personally I'm a light tackle guy but on the charter boat we do whatever it takes to put the folks on fish. We do a lot of live-lining when its hot. Trolling in the spring and fall usually fills the cooler!
    Things are rapidly changing for us here on the Bay. Unfortunately not always for the best, looking forward to next season . Tight Lines!!

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    Hi Steve!! This my first post in many years!!! I'm 74 now and been fishing the bay for 14 years now (when i moved from NJ ) Got my Capt License 10 yrs ago,
    hooked up with a local Waterman (83yo) and have been running charters from Tilghman ever since!
    When I was a newbie I received a lot of help from many TF ers, including you! (still got my jigging stick).
    My preferred methods depend on whats happening at the time, personally I'm a light tackle guy but on the charter boat we do whatever it takes to put the folks on fish. We do a lot of live-lining when its hot. Trolling in the spring and fall usually fills the cooler!
    Things are rapidly changing for us here on the Bay. Unfortunately not always for the best, looking forward to next season . Tight Lines!!

Good to see you on here Charlie. Hope all is well with you......... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    Hey Charlie,Long time ,no see ! Hope All is Well with You ! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    Hey Charlie,Long time ,no see ! Hope All is Well with You ! Mike
    Hey there Lone Stranger!😊 Hope all is well with you 2....... Gary

64, moved out of MD at 59. Lived in Severna Park & Arnold most of that time.
    Fished there most of my life.

Just getting back to Tidalfish too. Had not posted here in quite awhile.

Now live & fish in SC. I'm near Lake Marion. (Santee Cooper) Still chase Stripers, bass and occasionally some catfish. Coastal fishing when I can.

I spent a lot of time in the Susky River & flats area, and Eastern Shore Rivers, especially Dorchester Co.
    Have fished in many places around the state, both freshwater & tidal.

I have a decked out 16' jon boat & a Gheenoe. Fished from both in MD.

Casting lures & fly tackle primarily, some light trolling.
    I have a tackle business, flies & anything lead, so always something to use.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

You are in a good place bigjim. We fished lake Marion a lot in April with Roland Martin. Love that lake. Attachment 254771

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    You are in a good place bigjim. We fished lake Marion a lot in April with Roland Martin. Love that lake.
    Well, We moved here with the thought that it was a good place to fish, and without giving up on chasing the Stripers. Folks tell me it's not what it once was, but I guess that's anywhere. I love living here! It was a good move for us!

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Knocking on #70th's door, lucky enough that my health hasn't slowed down by my 65 yr. obsessed addiction. Native Md'r that moved with career choice/venue to Sunny Central West FL. just 17.5 yrs. ago. Salt/fresh doesn't matter...crab/arster/shrimp(cast net, though hardly anymore). Gave up chasing fur & feathers when I relocated. Still chase down some fur/feathers etc. while reinventing some lure designs for last 50 years! Go fishin' when ya can, cause it's good fer the wife!!

dougeeboy
    Last edited by dougeeboy; 06-13-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Delete, duplicate post

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Knocking on 70th bd's door. Been fishing since the age of 4(carp fishing Lake Roland w/corn, Dad and older bro). Have always wanted to be the versatile fisherman with varying loves for salt/fresh adversaries. Spinning, casting, surf, ice, fly, deep-sea have all been checked off the list. Even still crab(5 commercial pots allowed per recreational angler-NO FEE! Bottom not good for trot-lining here(mud, rocks, oysters). Shrimp(cast net), oyster(individual sight-harvest). Great overall health still enables me to pursue the fish du jour! Currently own(paid for) 6 boats + kayak. Only use 3 boats + yak. Beautiful 1987 21" Pro line w/ 175 2 stroke Yammy(sits covered), aluminum tandem-axle NEXTRAIL sit in driveway begging to be used Really only use 3 of the boats and yak Was lucky enough to take 1st place w/Proline in Brandon's 1st Rockfish Bay tournament(1990?-Rock Hall). World Wide Angler?? Even met/ate with Pete Dressler(Superfish) while flounder fishing Wachapreague(80's) one Spring(quite the angler). Had my 1st taste of Black Drum there(in season)Didn't even taste like fish. Remember Capt. Brady Bounds vs. Superfish fisticuffs My favorite go-to style of fishing, after tasting basically all techniques, is super-ultralight spinning(artificial-only, especially home made) with 2/4 lb test. Must say that it has to be reasonable percentage of landing(75%+-). Even learned the snood trot-line from brother from Polecat's tutelage. Yes folks, been blessed w/fishin' in many ways. Where has the time gone? Sorry for the not-so-quick reply

Your friend in sport-support,
    dougeboy

GO fishin' when ya can, cause it's good fer the wife!!
    Last edited by dougeeboy; 06-13-2020 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Humour??

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 891011 ... LastLast