Question A little poll to check just how many are still active on this board - Page 14

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast
    Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

73 been fishing 50 years and a guide out of shady side my for 20 years. retired gave up fishing...just lost interest.

took about two ears to sell all of my tackle down in sw florida. we moved south in 2013. never looked back

been on TF since 2001

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

80 fishing all my life, fished all over the world. Lived in West Palm Beach for 15 years. Lived in Potomac Md. had a home on the Honga in Bishops Head Md.
    Fished the eastern shore in Dorchester cty. for 30 years. Fish offshore in a custom 30 ft. Blackhawk out of Palm Beach to the Bahamas. Still have the get up and go at 80 but hate the days over 15 kts. Still love Wahoo, Dolphin, Sailfish, and Tuna. Summer is Tarpon, Permit, and Snook.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

42 been into fishing since i was 18. Been boating for 1 year just learning the ropes.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie S View Post
    Hi Steve!! This my first post in many years!!! I'm 74 now and been fishing the bay for 14 years now (when i moved from NJ ) Got my Capt License 10 yrs ago,
    hooked up with a local Waterman (83yo) and have been running charters from Tilghman ever since!
    When I was a newbie I received a lot of help from many TF ers, including you! (still got my jigging stick).
    My preferred methods depend on whats happening at the time, personally I'm a light tackle guy but on the charter boat we do whatever it takes to put the folks on fish. We do a lot of live-lining when its hot. Trolling in the spring and fall usually fills the cooler!
    Things are rapidly changing for us here on the Bay. Unfortunately not always for the best, looking forward to next season . Tight Lines!!
    Hey Homer!
    DOH!!

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!

hi all. capt jd, steve, dash and every body. dash, i think u got a big one at the rips, off my cat. smile. steve, we fished out out of your home, thx.
    capt jd, i know u r enjoying it. smile.
    i are losing sleep trying to make a decision to sell boat ( 2012 237 cobia center with brand new 250 yami. or try for a few more yrs. body cant take much more.
    really tough decision. ron.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by one fish View Post
    i are losing sleep trying to make a decision to sell boat ( 2012 237 cobia center with brand new 250 yami.
    Ron, the used market is very strong right now

Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

ron did u ever sell in shady side? if so, where did u go?

how is your family?

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!

barefoot. tat is what i hear. thinking of setting apptment. with tri state in deale. capt jd. 5 yrs ago sold and moved to asbury at solomons.

retirement communty on the water. ron.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by one fish View Post
    barefoot. tat is what i hear. thinking of setting apptment. with tri state in deale. capt jd. 5 yrs ago sold and moved to asbury at solomons.

retirement communty on the water. ron.
    Ron,

I had my boat in the shop at Tri-state recently. They are selling boats like crazy, the used market is super solid and with the weather breaking from winter into spring as we head into March the sales will only pick up.

Good luck!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    How about age (I.e 30s, 50s, etc), how many years fishing Bay and favorite method (trolling, live lining, fly fishing, etc.) and usual fishing grounds. I’ll start:
    70s
    20 years
    Feather jigging
    Mouth of Severn
    53 years old

Been fishing Tilghman Island area since I was 7 with my dad. Had an uncle in Tilghman that cleaned fish for a living. So 45+ years.

Fish & Crab mainly Choptank and Little Choptank.

I'm mostly a bottom fisherman/bait dunker.

Several boats over the years from 12' to 22'. Currently fishing out of a 17' Lowe Jon boat.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast