Question A little poll to check just how many are still active on this board - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    63 y/o in November
    Raised on Rt. 7 between the Gunpowder's where my brother and I fished as kids with Zebco 202's and earth worms.
    1985- Got into bass fishing.
    1992- OUPV in Jan. Still current.
    2007- Moved from bass boats to a 24' bay boat (bass boat on steroids)
    Fish from Lapidum/Susquehanna to Heart Miller. Rivers and tributaries.
    Light tackle.
    .

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
    63 y/o in November
    Raised on Rt. 7 between the Gunpowder's where my brother and I fished as kids with Zebco 202's and earth worms.
    1985- Got into bass fishing.
    1992- OUPV in Jan. Still current.
    2007- Moved from bass boats to a 24' bay boat (bass boat on steroids)
    Fish from Lapidum/Susquehanna to Heart Miller. Rivers and tributaries.
    Light tackle.
    .
    Glad you mentioned the OUPV. I should have asked how many have their ticket. For decades it’s been on my bucket list and finally got my Masters in April at 72. Not likely to renew it at 77 but have no plans to use it professionally anyhow. Good knowledge though!
    S

  4. #63
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    214

    Default

    SteveF,

    It appears there are quite a few fellow anglers who at least check out this forum occasionally, many are on here more frequently. It would be nice to hook up with a few others, maybe have a couple beers and exchange fishing stories. I did the same thing several years ago with 1/2 dozen guys in the northern neck of the bay. A Saturday afternoon/evening seemed to work best for most. I'll start the process by soliciting interest. We'll see where it goes from there.

    Mike

  5. #64
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
    63 y/o in November
    Raised on Rt. 7 between the Gunpowder's where my brother and I fished as kids with Zebco 202's and earth worms.
    1985- Got into bass fishing.
    1992- OUPV in Jan. Still current.
    2007- Moved from bass boats to a 24' bay boat (bass boat on steroids)
    Fish from Lapidum/Susquehanna to Heart Miller. Rivers and tributaries.
    Light tackle.
    .
    What does OUPV mean?

  6. #65
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel,aka 6 pack...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mremmfish View Post
    SteveF,

    It appears there are quite a few fellow anglers who at least check out this forum occasionally, many are on here more frequently. It would be nice to hook up with a few others, maybe have a couple beers and exchange fishing stories. I did the same thing several years ago with 1/2 dozen guys in the northern neck of the bay. A Saturday afternoon/evening seemed to work best for most. I'll start the process by soliciting interest. We'll see where it goes from there.

    Mike
    Thanks Mike!

  7. #66
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    8,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mremmfish View Post
    SteveF,

    It appears there are quite a few fellow anglers who at least check out this forum occasionally, many are on here more frequently. It would be nice to hook up with a few others, maybe have a couple beers and exchange fishing stories. I did the same thing several years ago with 1/2 dozen guys in the northern neck of the bay. A Saturday afternoon/evening seemed to work best for most. I'll start the process by soliciting interest. We'll see where it goes from there.

    Mike
    I'm one that's been here for a little while.....I do look in the window often,haven't had much of anything to post for quite awhile. As for getting together for some reminiscing,I'd be game. I sure miss the posts from Guys from many years ago,still nice to see some Guys post. [Mike]

  8. #67
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    363

    Default

    69, been fishing since I could walk with my Mom and Dad in rented rowboats with a small out board that my Dad had. Been doing my own fishing with family and friends on our family boat since I was 18. Have my own boat for the last 20 years and fish and crab all over the bay mostly from deale to point lookout. We docked our family boat the "Dottie Vickie" from Deale to Breezy pt. To Solomons . And is still going out off shady side by my godson. Remember all the characters from early wwa board to current tidal fish board members and have benefited from many posts on fishing and crabbing from such members as super fish, capt trout, butthead, Steve f., and all the past and current members. A

  9. #68
    TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    51
    10 years fishing bay/rappahannock
    Primarily fish for spanish, specs, stripers. Casting, trolling, jigging, fly fishing, love fishing top water.
    The Cell, Cut Channel, Windmill Point, Rapp
    Great to see a stronger numbers of spanish and specs this year. Also heard cobia was very strong. Hopeful we will have a strong striper season too.

  10. #69
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    53 yrs old.

    Starting fishing when I was a little kid maybe 9 or 10 in the mid '70's when my Dad bought me a 10 ft jon boat, a trolling motor, and a battery. Fished on the 17 acre pond across from my house caught lots of crappie, blue gill and largemouth bass.

    In 1978, Dad bought an 18ft Larson w/ an 85 Evinrude (the "Pisces I" and shortly thereafter we ventured out to "Buoy 48" off Reedville with buckets of chum and caught some monster blue fish.

    In the early 80's, Dad bought a camper at Bush Park in the Rappahanock and we got a green 21ft Sport Craft (the "Pop Top"). Fished all over the Rap, middle bay from Tangier, to Cut Channel, the Cell, to Concrete Ships. Great times caught big gray trout, flounder, croakers, spot, tautog and sea bass. A lot of memories.

    In '89, we got a 26 ft Shamrock (gas) inboard (the "Pop Top II"). We immediately repowered to diesel and relocated to Pirate's Cove in Manteo. Fished inshore and offshore for 10 years hard, and 5 years less hard. Did it all, yellow and bluefin tuna, mahi, white and blue marlin, amberjack, kings, spanish.....had 3 kids sold everything.

    This summer finally got back in the game with a 22 Tidewater. Fishing the James, Chick, and lower Bay. Have been having fun, I feel like a kid all over again!

  11. #70
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCUDZIK2 View Post
    53 yrs old.

    Starting fishing when I was a little kid maybe 9 or 10 in the mid '70's when my Dad bought me a 10 ft jon boat, a trolling motor, and a battery. Fished on the 17 acre pond across from my house caught lots of crappie, blue gill and largemouth bass.

    In 1978, Dad bought an 18ft Larson w/ an 85 Evinrude (the "Pisces I" and shortly thereafter we ventured out to "Buoy 48" off Reedville with buckets of chum and caught some monster blue fish.

    In the early 80's, Dad bought a camper at Bush Park in the Rappahanock and we got a green 21ft Sport Craft (the "Pop Top"). Fished all over the Rap, middle bay from Tangier, to Cut Channel, the Cell, to Concrete Ships. Great times caught big gray trout, flounder, croakers, spot, tautog and sea bass. A lot of memories.

    In '89, we got a 26 ft Shamrock (gas) inboard (the "Pop Top II"). We immediately repowered to diesel and relocated to Pirate's Cove in Manteo. Fished inshore and offshore for 10 years hard, and 5 years less hard. Did it all, yellow and bluefin tuna, mahi, white and blue marlin, amberjack, kings, spanish.....had 3 kids sold everything.

    This summer finally got back in the game with a 22 Tidewater. Fishing the James, Chick, and lower Bay. Have been having fun, I feel like a kid all over again!
    Great read. Thanks! Shamrock a solid boat!

  12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.