Good Information Why Do Guys Post Fish Pics on Dating Sites?

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Why Do Guys Post Fish Pics on Dating Sites?

I'm thankful each day that I got married before online dating websites really got going. Based on the ripe age of many of you -- as evidenced by Steve F's recent TF poll -- I dare say most of you are not on dating sites, either -- at least, not without your doctor's permission .

Nevertheless, I found this week's CNET article to be enlightening: Why Do So May Guys Hold Up Fish in Their Online Dating Photos? https://www.cnet.com/news/why-do-so-...dating-photos/

Discuss.
    Last edited by goose70; 10-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

If you're into fishing you probably want to find someone with that same interest. Put it out there early.
    If she's attractive and likes to fish she's a keeper.

Better than putting this ad online:

Older gentlemen looking for a good woman who can cook and owns a boat. (Please send picture of the boat)

Mike

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

LOL! Mike!

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Very simple they want a woman or todays world a partner 🤪 that from the start there saying i fish 🎣

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It’s the equivalent of some people on here having to see a picture in order to believe that somebody actually caught the fish in the stated report. Picture could be 15 years old but seeing is believin’.

Some people just gotta have em.

Blog Entries

I once knew a guy that loved to fish a lot and married the perfect woman. She loved to fish and was pretty too. He soon ran into a bit of a problem. She would get very mad if he said ..I'm going fishing with the guys today. She didn't like him to go fishing without her.. I think he might have felt that he got too much of a good thing.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Ironic timing. I'm newly single - or will be after my hearing in 3 weeks and I've actually thought about this and talked about it with some lady friends.

I'm gonna give the online dating thing a shot.....which seems odd....I'm young, but at the same time, I've been attached for almost 20 years, so I haven't been single in the realm of online dating.

Anyway, I've browsed a couple sites...sorta scouting things out....and it's pretty bizarre. It's amazing what 40 y/o women will post online. Apparently, 40 is the new 16.

However, I've been pleasantly surprised at how many women actually post fish photos. Kinda awesome.

But for men, from what a few female friends have told me, we should NOT post fish photos.

I have lots of fish photos, but not really ones with ME holding the fish, so it doesn't really matter to me. I don't understand why its taboo for men but not women....I would think the women who have posted fish photos wouldn't mind, but maybe I'm wrong. Add it to the mounting stack of things that make zero sense in modern society!

Porter, best of luck in your search! As for the discrepancy in fish posting etiquette, I'm guessing that maybe a woman holding a fish seems edgy, outside the mold, whereas a guying holding a fish just reinforces cave man stereotypes about guys. Or at least, that's the answer my wife gave me

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Because if the woman answer the ad, then they are a good catch, Ha ha ha ha, Otherwise if the woan don't answer and they don't want someone who does
    fish, then that's the one you throw back, they are either sucker fishes, or snake head fishes. You don't want to keep them, so they might be good for a picture one night, but not keepers. ( Talking about the women here right ?

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements