Tidal Fish Forum banner

Done with shallow water white perch 10-19-19

Fishing Report 
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andypat 
#1 ·
I was going to go to Tread Avon River for shallow water perch, but it was 34 degree this morning so I'm giving up on the perch until they come up the Marshy Hope sometime in March. So I went crappie fishing and caught a limit of crappie.

#5 ·
Might be worth another try.
Years ago, on November 1, on a cloudy, windy day, a friend and I fished over the remains of grass on a flat in the Severn at high tide. BIG white perch had moved into a rock wall that lined the shore. We caught several dozen big perch. Then we moved out a ways and caught 8 big yellow perch. Moved to another area on the flat and caught 10 pickerel. Never seen pickerel schooled before.
Bottom line, you don't know what's there until U try it.

#7 ·
We got skunked late Thursday evening on perch in the South River, whereas the previous week, we caught about 25 a person including some fatties. It was windy both days, and extremely windy (3 foot rollers in the river) last Thursday. The water temperature was 62, and a cold front just passed though. We weren't sure if the lack of perch was due to the passing front or the perch retreating to the bay in search of deeper, warmer waters. We were leaning on the latter, but after reading some of these comments, I may need to give it another shot.

#8 ·
I fished for white perch this morning in shallow water from shore at Tread Avon River where I have been catching them with ease since May. Not one perch this morning. It was loaded with 10" 12" little rock fish. This is the first time I ever got shut out at this area. I think they moved to deep water in this area. Hope I'm around to start catching again next year in May. So, I left and went to a lake and caught a limit of crappie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.