Good Information Schumann light tackle tournament

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Schumann light tackle tournament

Registration is open for the the Steve Schumann Memorial Winter Classic. It is a light tackle fishing tournament (artificial lures only, no trolling)

Event date is December 7th, 2019. Weather day is December 8th.

https://ianglertournament.com/steve-...nter-classic-0

Tournament info:
    • Team focus on 3 fish stringer with prizes to the top 3 teams
    • iAngler format that is conducive for catch and releasing
    • Team can be 1-6 Anglers on one boat
    • Cost is $75 per person (Includes BBQ and bonfire)
    • ​​​​​​Additional individual prizes for top 3 largest fish and youth anglers also
    • Calcutta available for additional prizes

First 100 registrants get a captains bag!

If you are interested in sponsoring this tournament, please email me at [email protected]

Current sponsors include:

Steve Schumann was a bright business man who was one of the owners to PriceBusters Furniture stores in Balt/DC metro areas and had a strong passion for fishing and boating. Not only did he regularly fish his boats on the bay, he regularly fished with guides up and down the bay from the Susky Flats to Point Lookout. He fished with me regularly until his sudden passing last fall. I always enjoyed the time with him. I hope this even will be a great memorial to him with fisherman enjoying their time on the bay in his name.

Here was Steve and one of his buddies with me out of Buzz's Marina the other year on a day we were having trouble catching their under 28" fish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

"Scoring is based on a 3 fish combined stringer from a max of 4 anglers"

LMAO...

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good luck, hope you all have great weather and everything goes well. Looking forward to the results. Sounds like a fun tourney for a good cause

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Market Price View Post
    "Scoring is based on a 3 fish combined stringer from a max of 4 anglers"

LMAO...

Actually the rules have been updated. Prizes will be based on a 3 fish stringer from a max of 6 anglers. This means they will used a combined length of the largest 3 fish from a team of 1-6 anglers. Anglers on a team are limited to one boat though...

It should be a good time with a BBQ afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Actually the rules have been updated. Prizes will be based on a 3 fish stringer from a max of 6 anglers. This means they will used a combined length of the largest 3 fish from a team of 1-6 anglers. Anglers on a team are limited to one boat though...

It should be a good time with a BBQ afterwards.
    Oh no, I'm sure it will be a great event, and a good time to be on the water. I didn't mean to suggest anything negative with the tourney. It's the math that has me chuckling. It's impossible to weigh in (or in this case measure and photograph I guess?) n number of fish from anything more than n number of anglers. One angler can weigh in 3 fish, two anglers can weigh in 3 fish, three anglers can weigh in 3 fish, but four (or more) anglers will have you playing musical chairs, and besides, old habits die hard, I just can't help torturing tournament directors. Good luck with the event, sounds like fun, and who doesn't like BBQ?

Shimano is donating some NICE prizes for the event. Mission BBQ included in registration!

- - - Updated - - -

Shimano is donating some NICE prizes for the event. Mission BBQ included in registration!

Rule clarification!

You can keep fish during the tournament. However you must release the ones you measure and submit for the tournament. This ensures the largest fish are released, people are participating in releasing fish, and no fish are kept in the name of the tournament.

This will be a fun event with Mission BBQ at the awards ceremony! First 100 individuals registered get a tournament gift.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Oh no, I'm sure it will be a great event, and a good time to be on the water. I didn't mean to suggest anything negative with the tourney. It's the math that has me chuckling. It's impossible to weigh in (or in this case measure and photograph I guess?) n number of fish from anything more than n number of anglers. One angler can weigh in 3 fish, two anglers can weigh in 3 fish, three anglers can weigh in 3 fish, but four (or more) anglers will have you playing musical chairs, and besides, old habits die hard, I just can't help torturing tournament directors. Good luck with the event, sounds like fun, and who doesn't like BBQ?
    Unsure the confusion. The three longest fish are used by each team. So if the team of up to 6 anglers catch a 30,29,27,23,21 inch fish the score is 86"

Quote Originally Posted by longtrav View Post
    Unsure the confusion. The three longest fish are used by each team. So if the team of up to 6 anglers catch a 30,29,27,23,21 inch fish the score is 86"
    Yes, and what is the maximum number of anglers that could have caught those 86"? The same as the number of fish allowed to be weighed, regardless of how many more anglers than that are on a team. no confusion on my part.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes, and what is the maximum number of anglers that could have caught those 86"? The same as the number of fish allowed to be weighed, regardless of how many more anglers than that are on a team. no confusion on my part.
    Um, six?

What is so hard about math? Up to 6 people on a team, each team, regardless of # of members (1-6) gets to submit a 3-fish aggregate. If you are a 1-man team, you can submit up to 3 fish. 2 man team, 3 fish. That's why you have to sign up a "team". You can't get to the weigh-in and suddenly become 6 teams.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast