Question Duramax

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Duramax

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Duramax

What is the best place in AA county for Duramax service.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Arundel diesel south side of BWI. (410) 969-3399

507 Shaw Ct, Severn, MD 21144

They say that life's a carousel - spinning fast, you've got to ride it well.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What type of work do you need done?

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Thinking of buying my fathers 2010 LMM. Wanted it looked over before I buy. If I buy I want a place for service.

[IMG]https://www.tidalfish.com/forums/att...3&d=1573263783[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iFishMD; 11-09-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Greg

All I will tell is my neighbor has a 2003 with probably 200K + and also has a 2015, both 2500 HD.

The 2015 was from here to California and back over a 10 week trip this year pulling a 14k # 5th wheel and didn’t miss a beat. Almost 10,000 miles round trip including all of the side trips.

The 2003 went to Yellowstone pulling about a 12K # 5th wheel and never missed a beat.

Chevy sold their souls on these trucks. 25 years ago it was the Fords, not any more.

Worst thing that has gone wrong with either one was a fuel injector issue on the 2003 which JBA replaced under a TSB. 2 wheel bearings and ball joints on the 2003. Other than that, just normal stuff like an alternator or battery.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Thinking of buying my fathers 2010 LMM. Wanted it looked over before I buy. If I buy I want a place for service.

[IMG]https://www.tidalfish.com/forums/att...3&d=1573263783[/IMG]
    Greg,What was Your Dad's phone number again??

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    Greg,What was Your Dad's phone number again??
    😎😂😂😂......... Gary

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Greg,

If you are planning on towing your boat with a Duramax, you will be pleasantly surprised as you will hardly feel your boat behind it.

Here's a good resource, they've helped me out of a tight spot a time or two.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/

Since you are in MD, I would register the truck as 10K lbs or greater (no emissions inspections...that's what I did with my LBZ), delete the EGR, the particulate filter and put a good 4" exhaust of it and maybe think about a lift pump later. Overall, the later LMMs are solid engines and most problems with the later LMMs are related to leaks due to the diesel's inherent vibrations.

The only common problem that I know of is a tendency to overheat in hot temperatures when towing heavy (>9K lbs) with the A/C on due to crud building up in the cooling stack (A/C condenser, intercooler and radiator) or crap in the radiator. I had that problem and cleaned the stack as well as I could while it was in the truck, and you wouldn't believe the crud that I got out of it! This seems to only effect vehicles prior to '12 when Chevy started using huge grills to all more air into the cooling stack.

There's a guy here in Elkton who specializes in Duramax's and Alison transmissions. If you want I can stop by his shop and get you his contact info.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Demented

Not sure if my neighbor has just been lucky but he has had none of those problems from his stock ‘ 03 even when pulling 12K # from here to Yellowstone, New England, Canada, Florida all separate summer trips, Rocky Gap in June every year from ‘03-‘15 until he bought his new one. He is not light on the gas pedal or the AC either.

They are workhorses, regardless!!

Chris

Thanks for the feedback. I would not delete the truck due to fear of future enforcement as well as resale, especially trade in.

Still trying to decide if I spend the extra money to get the truck or keep running my Tundra. Leaning towards getting the 10 year old diesel..

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast