Question Duramax - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Duramax

  1. #11
    Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    80

    Default

    get the diesel and keep the tundra. just have 2 trucks. nothing wrong with having a spare truck.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8,497

    Default

    Anybody know if when a vehicle transfers from family member to family member if taxes need to be paid?

    My dad said in NJ, I wouldnt have to pay taxes on the truck if he transferred to me. I was wondering MD is the same?

  4. #13
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Anybody know if when a vehicle transfers from family member to family member if taxes need to be paid?

    My dad said in NJ, I wouldnt have to pay taxes on the truck if he transferred to me. I was wondering MD is the same?
    MD does allow a family gift without paying the 6% excise tax........ Gary

  5. #14
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    According to the link from MVA, gifts of vehicles titled out of state are not accepted. Also, gifts require a special form.



    I didn't read all of this word for word, but did see that part.

    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/vehicles...m#transfergift


    “If a vehicle is being transferred between spouses or between parents and children, an inspection is not generally required. All other transfers as gifts are subject to the state inspection laws. Gifts of vehicles that are titled out-of-state are not accepted.”

  6. #15
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8,497

    Default

    Thanks. Father has the truck titled in NJ so it wont work. Given that he is selling to me for a steal I hope they accept the bill of sale for taxes and not blue book value. It looks like they use blue book value on vehicles up to 7 years old. Given that this truck is 10 years old, I hope they accept what I am paying for the vehicle...

  7. #16
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Thanks. Father has the truck titled in NJ so it wont work. Given that he is selling to me for a steal I hope they accept the bill of sale for taxes and not blue book value. It looks like they use blue book value on vehicles up to 7 years old. Given that this truck is 10 years old, I hope they accept what I am paying for the vehicle...
    I can answer that question Greg. You have to get a notarized bill of sale and it will be accepted. Been down that road myself...... Gary

  8. #17
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    I can answer that question Greg. You have to get a notarized bill of sale and it will be accepted. Been down that road myself...... Gary
    10 yrs ago brought in a Lincoln from NJ that was gifted to my daughter and I think we put $100 on the sale price, but there was a minimal tax charge. Did the same thing with infiniti 2 yrs ago , so check with DMV for the expense. Both of these cars were over 10 yrs old and I was suprised the small amt of taxes charged.

  9. #18
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/VR-181.pdf


    Greg

    You might want to download the VR-181 form in the link above and have it notarized as well.

    When I registered my last boat trailer, MVA refused to accept a handwritten ORIGINAL bill of sale WITH notary stamp but instead gave me their form to fill out that was faxed back in and NOT NOTARIZED. Unreal!!!

    And this was for an in state sale.

    Just don’t want to see you have a similar issue.

    Better to go with two forms than the wrong 1.

    Chris

  10. #19
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8,497

    Default

    Thank you fellas

  11. #20
    Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    8,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by done workin View Post
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/VR-181.pdf


    Greg

    You might want to download the VR-181 form in the link above and have it notarized as well.

    When I registered my last boat trailer, MVA refused to accept a handwritten ORIGINAL bill of sale WITH notary stamp but instead gave me their form to fill out that was faxed back in and NOT NOTARIZED. Unreal!!!

    And this was for an in state sale.

    Just don’t want to see you have a similar issue.

    Better to go with two forms than the wrong 1.

    Chris
    Hey Chris.....Another reason to add to My list of things I hate about this State anymore! Do You talk to Steve anymore?

  12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Link to Us   Subscription Information   Advertise   Privacy Policy   Resources   Contact Us   About Us

©2012 TidalFish.com. All Rights Reserved.