Question Duramax - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duramax

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

get the diesel and keep the tundra. just have 2 trucks. nothing wrong with having a spare truck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Anybody know if when a vehicle transfers from family member to family member if taxes need to be paid?

My dad said in NJ, I wouldnt have to pay taxes on the truck if he transferred to me. I was wondering MD is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Anybody know if when a vehicle transfers from family member to family member if taxes need to be paid?

My dad said in NJ, I wouldnt have to pay taxes on the truck if he transferred to me. I was wondering MD is the same?
    MD does allow a family gift without paying the 6% excise tax........ Gary

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

According to the link from MVA, gifts of vehicles titled out of state are not accepted. Also, gifts require a special form.

I didn't read all of this word for word, but did see that part.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/vehicles...m#transfergift

“If a vehicle is being transferred between spouses or between parents and children, an inspection is not generally required. All other transfers as gifts are subject to the state inspection laws. Gifts of vehicles that are titled out-of-state are not accepted.”

Thanks. Father has the truck titled in NJ so it wont work. Given that he is selling to me for a steal I hope they accept the bill of sale for taxes and not blue book value. It looks like they use blue book value on vehicles up to 7 years old. Given that this truck is 10 years old, I hope they accept what I am paying for the vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by iFishMD View Post
    Thanks. Father has the truck titled in NJ so it wont work. Given that he is selling to me for a steal I hope they accept the bill of sale for taxes and not blue book value. It looks like they use blue book value on vehicles up to 7 years old. Given that this truck is 10 years old, I hope they accept what I am paying for the vehicle...
    I can answer that question Greg. You have to get a notarized bill of sale and it will be accepted. Been down that road myself...... Gary

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
    I can answer that question Greg. You have to get a notarized bill of sale and it will be accepted. Been down that road myself...... Gary
    10 yrs ago brought in a Lincoln from NJ that was gifted to my daughter and I think we put $100 on the sale price, but there was a minimal tax charge. Did the same thing with infiniti 2 yrs ago , so check with DMV for the expense. Both of these cars were over 10 yrs old and I was suprised the small amt of taxes charged.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/VR-181.pdf

Greg

You might want to download the VR-181 form in the link above and have it notarized as well.

When I registered my last boat trailer, MVA refused to accept a handwritten ORIGINAL bill of sale WITH notary stamp but instead gave me their form to fill out that was faxed back in and NOT NOTARIZED. Unreal!!!

And this was for an in state sale.

Just don’t want to see you have a similar issue.

Better to go with two forms than the wrong 1.

Chris

Thank you fellas

Quote Originally Posted by done workin View Post
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/VR-181.pdf

Greg

You might want to download the VR-181 form in the link above and have it notarized as well.

When I registered my last boat trailer, MVA refused to accept a handwritten ORIGINAL bill of sale WITH notary stamp but instead gave me their form to fill out that was faxed back in and NOT NOTARIZED. Unreal!!!

And this was for an in state sale.

Just don’t want to see you have a similar issue.

Better to go with two forms than the wrong 1.

Chris
    Hey Chris.....Another reason to add to My list of things I hate about this State anymore! Do You talk to Steve anymore?

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast