Fishing Report Lynnhaven Fishing Report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Lynnhaven Fishing Report

New to the forum here, but I enjoy Reading the local fishing report. Hopefully I can contribute.

I keep my skiff on a dock across from the lynnhaven boat ramp and have been fishing the inlet any morning that I can. I made it out twice this week. On Tuesday lots of specks In the northern western branch. Average size was 17-18 with one at 20”. DOA shrimp have been crushing it. Also caught specks on live shrimp and spot. Later in the morning I caught a 25” Striper on a live spot in the grass between the eastern and western branch.

This morning was tough with the wind. 4-5 small specks, but one 20” that ate a live spot on the bottom. I moved inside long creek to look for striper and stay out of the wind. Caught one 14” flounder on a spot that some small specks had torn up. No other action.

Has anyone else had luck with striper inside the inlet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Good report. I went out twice this week in and caught a bunch of 12-14" specs near the great neck bridge. Only saw one caught worth keeping. I tried long creek too and nothing but ribbon fish in the deep holes near end. I will be glad when they are gone, maybe they are eating the specs. I have been using green, pink, white and pink 4" gulp. I did catch a 17" puppy drum near broad bay marshes.

Went out this morning 6-10. Good bite around 6:30 on the incoming in the western branch. Nothing anywhere until the outgoing started around 9-9:30. Caught one more nice one on the eastern branch across from tennis courts. Kept 18,19,19. Threw back 15,16 and a bunch of real small ones. All caught on DOA shrimp under a popper and a “speckled trout magic” lure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Eastern Branch yesterday. Not quite in the slot but fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49ACEA0E-D1CA-46C0-9D26-7D613A992C87_1573515078462.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	254651  

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Really appreciate the reports, thank you. Are you cast netting the live shrimp or have a source at a bait shop?

[QUOTE=Has anyone else had luck with striper inside the inlet?[/QUOTE]

Caught a 22.5" Striper under a dock light on the incoming this past thurs. Had 2 shrimp and a minnow in its belly.

Overall Fishing Report (4 man crew, overall it was a struggle but we brought some nice fish to net):

Thurs. 11/14 CBBT for Tog 1pm-5pm - very slow - 4 fish 1 keeper @ 19", then the 22.5" Striper inside and a 18" Speck under another light.

Fri. 11/15 Lynnhaven Specks- slow wet and windy am on the front ends of E and W branch - 1 18" along marsh grass on a Heavydine - a couple throwbacks scattered. Then moved into a channel and got 5 keepers 17"-20" on various plastics on 3/8oz. jigs

Sat. 11/16 Lynnhaven Specks - yep we fished in the 30mph+ winds, saw 3 other boats all day in the protected areas. There was never a heavy run but we got 12 keepers to the boat throughout the day fishing both the incoming and outgoing. Biggest was a FAT 20.5" that had a baby flounder in its belly. All fish caught on various plastics on 3/8oz jigs. Most interesting was that they bites were all on dead drifting and very non-aggressive light taps at the lures. A drastic difference from 2 weeks ago when they were slamming the lures. My guess is the fish were more scattered and smaller schools passing through, less competition = less aggressive.

-Dave

Was catching the shrimp with a cast net off my dock on crab creek across from lynnhaven boat ramp. I’ve also seen a couple in my minnow trap. I haven’t seen any in the last week there though.

I fished Sunday in the 30kt wind in the eastern branch. My sister was in town and I promised I’d take her fishing. I can’t believe we found some place to fish. We posted up on the south shore of a cove out of the wind. 3 specks- 1 short, 18, and 19. Released all.

Fished this morning (Tuesday). Didn’t catch a single trout, but caught 2 rockfish. 21” and 20”. The one I kept had an undigested shrimp in his belly, so they must still be around. Caught them both as the incoming began just off the grass between the eastern/western branch. Both on chartreuse paddle tails with a little metal spinner on the bottom.

Sadly, today was my last day fishing this year. I put the boat away today, headed on deployment tomorrow.

Looking forward to reading how the bite continues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD4567D8-6D17-4556-9ACB-964B779DC0A6_1574198304684.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	905.0 KB 
ID:	254667  

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thank you for your service...

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Lynnhaven

Went a couple days ago in Lynnhaven and we caught a couple keeper specs, some shorts, a fat 22" striper and a fat flounder that was just under size. Bass Assassins and chartreuse or white gulps. Went yesterday at 64th St ramp. Ugly and was back on the trailer 20 minutes later.

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast