Tidal Fish Forum banner

hybrid soft plastics catch fish better than most lures sold

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Senkosam 
#1 · (Edited)
A few years ago I discovered a way to fuse the parts of two soft plastic lures together to make something entirely different from either design. The hybrid soft plastic lures catch pretty much most freshwater species from 4" fish to 7 lb catfish and 9 lb carp. Here are a few examples:
Sweet Beaver parts were used to make lures that were different in action and size:

#4 first time used caught over 8 crappie from 10"-13":

I stopped using curly tail grubs except on Beetle Spins years ago but own a bunch. Last year I figured: why not fuse just the bodies together to make a mini-stick:

A wacky rigged Senko isn't the only lure that catches fish ! The stick on the right is rigged the usual way.

I pour my own taper tail sticks but cut the ends off and attached them to a segment of plastic worm:

Just one more wacky mini-stick that catches fish of all kinds. Of course the plastic is light and must be used with a 1/16 oz jig head to get the same action as a Senko on the drop, though it works great mid-depth when rod tip twitched.

Turned out that the claw cut from a bass craw lure had just the right action when added to a grub body:

I was surprised that this bulbous tail hybrid caught fish:

First time posting on this forum. Hope the information wasn't too much.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
It's freak'n amazing what fish strike regardless the species. After all these years I still can't get over how many lure types, shapes and actions.
More examples no one would ever expect in their wildest imagination! - enjoy:
crappie on a Gary Y Kut Tail worm hybrid:

green sunfish and bass on a wacky clear tail hybrid:

another clear tail:

4 lb catfish on same:

catfish on a split tail hybrid / clear body:

crappie on the same:

4 lb. white sucker ! on a Crappie Magnet grub:

Never caught one of those and probably never again.

catfish on a Joker Grub:

7lb catfish on a Slider Worm:

...that barely fit in the net:

I might be going on 71 but it still BLOWS ME AWAY !!!

#5 ·
A few years ago I discovered a way to fuse the parts of two soft plastic lures together to make something entirely different from either design. The hybrid soft plastic lures catch pretty much most freshwater species from 4" fish to 7 lb catfish and 9 lb carp. Here are a few examples:
Sweet Beaver parts were used to make lures that were different in action and size:

#4 first time used caught over 8 crappie from 10"-13":

I stopped using curly tail grubs except on Beetle Spins years ago but own a bunch. Last year I figured: why not fuse just the bodies together to make a mini-stick:

A wacky rigged Senko isn't the only lure that catches fish ! The stick on the right is rigged the usual way.

I pour my own taper tail sticks but cut the ends off and attached them to a segment of plastic worm:

Just one more wacky mini-stick that catches fish of all kinds. Of course the plastic is light and must be used with a 1/16 oz jig head to get the same action as a Senko on the drop, though it works great mid-depth when rod tip twitched.

Turned out that the claw cut from a bass craw lure had just the right action when added to a grub body:

I was surprised that this bulbous tail hybrid caught fish:

First time posting on this forum. Hope the information wasn't too much.
Very nice- You're creativity WILL yield to better, satisfying, boastful results. Thanks for the share.
Doug

#7 · (Edited)
Have also caught fish on one of my favorite shallow diving Rapala crankbaits - Risti Rap - trolled. I may take these out of storage: spinnerbaits, different crankbait designs, topwater lures, skirted jigs and trailers (ones I make), spoons and others.

Lure variety and presentation are the spice of fishing IMO and that includes using light and medium action rods dependent on lure used and fish size targeted.

Thanks so much guys for the kudos ! Much appreciated.

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.