Fishing Report Plenty of rock lower Potomac - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I attribute my lack of success to lack of skill, not lack of fish. The fall fishery is completely different than the summer. There’s plenty of fish, I just can’t catch them

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    I attribute my lack of success to lack of skill, not lack of fish. The fall fishery is completely different than the summer. There’s plenty of fish, I just can’t catch them
    Pretty much same here. Without birds or splashes or anything on sonar I become a lost soul in the late fall despite many years of being on the Bay...

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

There are plenty of birds working. Some have good sized fish and some not. If I have learned anything over the years it is fish move and to catch them consistently you have to move too. Right now they are predictably moving south. My bud who has his Parker in a marina near the Bay Bridge has put it up for the year and we are chartering south of there. Some guys for a variety of reasons cannot follow the fish. One thing for sure, there are fewer of them and the average size is smaller. Fishing PLO in the late fall used to be a big fish game with light tackle (metal and soft plastics). Now it is mostly mid 20" fish with occasionally bigger ones. With eight charters last fall we had exactly one fish over 40" and it could eaten most of the other fish we caught (slight exaggeration).

Quote Originally Posted by My SAE View Post
    Hey Sunman, where in the lower Potomac.....and what depth? I came out of Lewisetta on Sunday and only saw baitfish. Then again, I was trolling and not jigging. Thanks!!
    I thought I answered this last night but didn't post. I was fishing just south of St George's island or north of you in 40 to 80 feet.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wild Bill

How dare you say things aren’t what they used to be😂😉

Truly that must be fake news😜

Chris

Everything changes, done working. My brother won the children’s division with a 14 lb slammer blue we caught off of the ore docks at sparrows point. That was when it was the MSSA bluefish tournament not the rockfish and people actually got paid. Yea, we used to catch slammer blues in the ptap. Things change.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by done workin View Post
    Wild Bill

How dare you say things aren’t what they used to be

Truly that must be fake news

Chris
    Fake news abounds.

There is a little bit of good news in the bay. There are more Cobia and Redfish in the southern section of the Bay in MD. The only thing I did not like about catching Cobia was our captain only had success trolling for them this year. He uses his spring trophy tackle with planers. It works but is so heavy reeling in most of the Cobia is like winching in my boat. The reds we caught were all light tackle jigging metal and were great fun. It takes patience to target just Reds. There is the possibility of a very exciting day or a skunk. We did not have any skunks but in a five or six man charter everyone may not catch a fish. After I caught one Cobia trolling heavy tackle, I told the guys on the next trip I would go last. We caught five and I caught none. The rotation never got to me and I was fine with that. I did not want any, but the Cobia meat went fast.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23