Good Information Chesapeake Blue Cat invasion - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I don’t know, I sure wouldn’t mind fighting a 50lb blue cat. I know the 5 and 10# channels I catch put up a great find, can’t imagine a 50 or 100# cat. That has to be like pulling an engine block that swims from the bottom. Now, I often find catfish annoying, but if it’s been a few months since I had some pullage, I don’t mind them at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Longtail

They’re kinda’ like rockfish, the bigger they get the less spectacular, but that big shovel head and that paddle of a tail with a little current and you’re pulling against a diesel engine with an attitude.

I always swore the first 42” rockfish I caught would have a replica made, then I did it twice in one winter and shrugged it off. One 46” and one 48”. One on a 6 1/2’ medium weight rod and the other on a 5 1/2’ medium loaded with 10# PP line. Both in separate ‘Tapsco warm water discharges.

Not sure I’d land a Blue Cat the same size on those rods and my personal bests for Blues are 52# and something 80# or so.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Personally, I love fishing for catfish and wouldn't mind catching a 50+ pounder just for the experience. However, I'm not going to go out with the intent of targeting a big one.....I like to eat what I catch. I don't go out to do C&R and I know that "fishing for food" is cheaper to do in a grocery store but eating what I catch does take a little of the sting out of participating in a recreational activity I enjoy.

Chuck

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cabyn Fever View Post
    Personally, I love fishing for catfish and wouldn't mind catching a 50+ pounder just for the experience. However, I'm not going to go out with the intent of targeting a big one.....I like to eat what I catch. I don't go out to do C&R and I know that "fishing for food" is cheaper to do in a grocery store but eating what I catch does take a little of the sting out of participating in a recreational activity I enjoy.

Chuck
    I have been fishing for blue cats fot about 15 years. I have caught 50+ pounders and taken many people to catch them. Everyone I took had a great time. I love catfish and keep them up to 26" which is about 8 pounds. There are many ways to fix them including smoking them. Fish tacos are good too. Go get em. It's not hard and only been skunked once..... Gary

6. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12