When it's hot...

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default When it's hot...

Fished channel edges in Choptank off Castle Haven Pt this morning. Fished last hour and half of outgoing, saw lot of good marks on meter, but no takers. Was about to leave and head to Diamonds and fish the incoming in that area. Trolling 5 rods with mix of small umbrellas and tandem bucktails. Wham! Two rods down at same time! 24 incher and 21 incher! Three rods left in water while sorting out mess from double hook up. Wham! Another one down....21 incher released. Two rods left. Wham....another hookup. This time a 22 incher released. While untangling mess from umbrella stuck in my net, the last rod in water gets hit! Another 21 incher, released. Hot action in maybe 30 minutes! Some days are really good....

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

My uncle said "sometimes it's a boat ride, and then all of a sudden they all want one too"

Glad you hit 'em, good going! Low tide too, very cool to get a surprise. Proves you never can tell. Always go if it's not unsafe!

I'm reminded of an old sesame street segment when Ernie and Bert were in a boat with rods and fish just kept jumping in the boat. I got the biggest kick out of it and smile thinking about it to this day. Ernie was calling them in like "Here, fishy fishy!"

Go figure that made it so deep in my memory.

I haven't had a big girl come up yet, but had a 24 come up on a tandem with the other hook snapped..... suspicious...

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Klanno View Post
    Fished channel edges in Choptank off Castle Haven Pt this morning. Fished last hour and half of outgoing, saw lot of good marks on meter, but no takers. Was about to leave and head to Diamonds and fish the incoming in that area. Trolling 5 rods with mix of small umbrellas and tandem bucktails. Wham! Two rods down at same time! 24 incher and 21 incher! Three rods left in water while sorting out mess from double hook up. Wham! Another one down....21 incher released. Two rods left. Wham....another hookup. This time a 22 incher released. While untangling mess from umbrella stuck in my net, the last rod in water gets hit! Another 21 incher, released. Hot action in maybe 30 minutes! Some days are really good....
    Nice going. Thanks for the report.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Awesome!!!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 24Albemarle View Post
    Awesome!!!
    X2

8. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com