Yellow perch - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yellow perch

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I only post most of my fishing reports on Facebook where just my friends can see them. At one time there were 65,000 members on Tidalfish. Less now but still shit can get crowded quick........... Gsry

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

I could have sworn I saw a picture of you holding up a hammer handle pickerel in the public magazine called fish talk magazine in the upper bay section report last week in Nov. 28-2019 issue? https://www.fishtalkmag.com/fishing-reports
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I don't blame anyone for keeping there spots tight, especially if it is for making a living. I've only been fishing the Bay for 10 years, and have owned a property on the eastern shore for 4. I still feel and act like I am a guest out there. When someone shares a tip for hunting or fishing, I really appreciate it, but work hard not to abuse that favor regardless of how tempting.

I learn something every time I fish, it's a great adventure.

By the way, the Bay is an incredible resource. It's a privilege to experience it, especially when I fear it won't always be this way. I just want to get my kids out there as much as I can.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Nick View Post
    The biggest difference between spots and techniques is when your techniques work in spots that usually aren't good spots. In one Potomac river guide's book that read. There's no such thing as a magic lure, only a magic spot. I found that not to be always true.
    I've had my son and I fish the same spot side by side perch fishing. A mepps aglia will usually out-fish any other lure we throw. That's pretty magical.
    As far as technique, I retrieve slower than he does and usually catch more and bigger fish. My theory is I'm closer to the bottom and any structure.

I've had good luck at my spots in the Ptap and won't share their location out of fear of invasion. I have told and taken 2 fellow Tfer's there with them
    giving me their word they wouldn't tell. I will always share my results and lure, techniques.

Isn't that what this site is famous for, helping others if we can.

Mike

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It’s tough to use lures now with the winter slime is full bloom. Almost have to use minnows, I do love those mepps and rooster tails

Mepps do the trick, and gotta love Hopkins spoons.
    Bill

Blog Entries

i've been using mepps so far this month . The last 2 trips I've hooked 11 bass, landed 7. I had a photo worthy bass hooked yesterday and he was just out of reach when he spit the lure out. I estimated him at 21-22 inches 5-6 lb. The rest of the bass I have caught this month have been average marsh bass between 15-17 inches. 1.5-2# . I also caught 1- 22n. pickerel, about 3# and 1- 24.in -4# snakehead yesterday, I measured it and weighed it before release. I had planned on fishing for stripers the rest of the season in shallow water but you take what you get . Planning in advance on what I'm going to fish for doesn't always workout.DSCF0073.JPG this is the latest I've caught a snakehead Dec.4 . last year I caught one on Nov. 18.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Several years ago while fishing a Curtis Creek back past the coast guard yard I caught 7 different species of fish using a mepps aglia lure.
    Great thing about that lure , you never know what your going to catch. I prefer the silver over the gold.

Mike

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

3" power bait pogy swimming shad

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

FWIW the pocomoke outa snow hill is on fire for yellows, crappie and pickles. Fished it yest ez yellow limit and a dozen pickles to 24"

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast