Yellow perch - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yellow perch

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

What were you using if yiu don’t mind me asking, also, how do those swim shad run in grass? My creek is getting swallowed up by the winter slime and casting lures is almost futile

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I caught 3 pickerel 18-22 in. Monday. I was catching them on mepps but the water temp dropped to 42 deg and I can't fish these slow enough to keep the blade turning. I like the Aglia #3 ( wider Colorado blade) with a hair tail to give the lure more lift at a slower speed and add some slab sauce in a dropper bottle to the tail to put out a scent sick where I'm fishing . I switched to a 3in. Rapala x rap,perch colored and was able to catch 3. Look up how to fish these on you tube for pike. They hit them when they rest .Let them set at least a few seconds 5=10 before you twitch them again.Also good for stripers ,bass . walleye and big crappie and if you hook a yellow perch,you'll know it's a keeper I've been using them for many years.I'm not much on bobber fishing either.They seem to work best in 3-6 ft. or under a school of fish in deeper water.. I'm fishing where pickerel are not plentiful at all and 3 is a very good for a 3 hr.day. It doesn't happen every day where I fish,I have no desire to drive an hour or 2 to go fishing for pickerel. bass, snakeheads yellow perch or crappie.I usually only fish about 4 hours a day in my kayak in the winter so being close to home makes more sense to me rather than catching a few fish an inch or 2 bigger or a few more. There's a few yellow perch around but so far I haven't seen any big ones yet. I may try next week for them . If I'm going to keep a few fish, yellow perch and walleye are my favorites by far. Nice firm sweet meat.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 12-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    Anyone doing any good? They should be hot right about now and pickerel. May give it a try over the holidays
    Catching crappie every morning with a pickerel every now and then fishing one of the ES lakes. Still waiting for more yellow perch to come up the Marshy Hope. The water in the creek has been extra extra low for a week. I think we need some normal tides to get it started.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345