Question Any stripers at all in the CBBT area?
    Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Question Any stripers at all in the CBBT area?

Usually, we come down to fish around Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Used to be a great time with family, catching stripers, trout, puppy drum and flounder. Mainly stripers, and everything else was bycatch. But each year, fishing has gotten worse and worse. Last year, we fished hard, and only caught a few small fish, and ended up going home early.

This year, we could not find any positive reports anywhere, and after debating the issue, we canceled. The kids are starting to hate fishing. They used to be excited to go, and now they pout. That's not good! Will have to take them winter crappie fishing before all their love for fishing is gone.

The winning point of the debate was, "Why spend all that time, money and fuel to get cold and wet, and not catch fish?"

But I'm just curious... Has anyone caught any stripers at all around the CBBT?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I have not tried but seen pictures of them being caught on Ifish va facebook page. Looks like they are around cape Charles and probable north of that. Hard to go for just one 20-36"

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thinking same thing - havent seen any buzz about any fish so dont want to blow a tank of fuel to not catch something. I guess I'll stick to the southern side of the CBBT amd try for schoolies around the HRBT on light tackle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements