Fishing Report r 2 bouy area today
VA Northern Neck Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default r 2 bouy area today

ran out around 9 am went south to 42 not much there, ran lower cut, some small fish came back to 2 large groups of birds and loads of bait and fish, the bite there strated around 9 30 am and lasted till 3 30 pm I started fishing the area of r -2 from 1 30 till 3 30
    caught 2 keepers and loads of underside fish the man was out looking too
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I was there with ya. Good day to be on the Bay!

Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thanks for posting - I headed out at 13h30 looking for birds in Fleets Bay, none, so poked my nose out into the Bay and before I found birds found boats, many boats.. headed over to the southern side of the Rap and cast into the clouds of gulls. I suppose the rockfish were well satisfied with their fleshy prey because I battled to even get a hit. After an hour tossed the lures behind the boat, racked the rods, set the troll rpm and circled under the birds.. Amen! Rewarded with many fish, mostly under the legal size however ended up with the legal limit in the cooler.

Water temp, around 47º, depth 29'. Bait 4" swim shad, plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Chaser View Post
    Thanks for posting - I headed out at 13h30 looking for birds in Fleets Bay, none, so poked my nose out into the Bay and before I found birds found boats, many boats.. headed over to the southern side of the Rap and cast into the clouds of gulls. I suppose the rockfish were well satisfied with their fleshy prey because I battled to even get a hit. After an hour tossed the lures behind the boat, racked the rods, set the troll rpm and circled under the birds.. Amen! Rewarded with many fish, mostly under the legal size however ended up with the legal limit in the cooler.

Water temp, around 47º, depth 29'. Bait 4" swim shad, plastic.
    Same thing here, jigging and casting produced few results.
    Set up trolling gear and bam, fish after fish.

Funny thing is last week we were trolling the Rapp and marking like crazy but catching few fish.

Marked a school, picked up trolling rods then drifted and jigged over the same school a few times and it was a fish on almost every drop.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

wow awesome. Is it safe to say the fish made it to 42 now or still a little too early?

Nice to see reports

Nick CC28 "PUMPKIN"

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

We started at 59a and ended up at R2 BY 12;30. Caught 43 fish and 25 were keepers up to 30". It was a hell of a good day out there!

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hello all. From VB area and got my boat last year... Got the chance to catch a ton of stripers last year at 42. where is R2? i see the 59A but no R2. There is a Rappahannock River Entrance Buoy 2R. Hopefully you're not referring to the R2 in maryland...

Thanks

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by VBspearCBBT View Post
    Hello all. From VB area and got my boat last year... Got the chance to catch a ton of stripers last year at 42. where is R2? i see the 59A but no R2. There is a Rappahannock River Entrance Buoy 2R. Hopefully you're not referring to the R2 in maryland...

Thanks
    R2 is a little Southwest of 2R

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast