Tidal Fish Forum banner

2019 in Pictures

Fishing Report 
4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Market Price 
#1 ·
The year started out with a bang as two new trolling batteries exploded in my console. Heard the boom and thought it was limb falling on my awning. What a mess to clean up.

My grandson was born shortly after that and he is a keeper for sure.

Catfish season was tough with wind and cold snaps making fishing hard but filled a few coolers. A transducer ripped from my boat by a log.
Just could not get a break in March

But come the end of March things got better.

My granddaughter was born, she is sweet and I will keep her to.

Now we head into snakehead season and it was a pretty good season with more caught than last year.

So this brings us in September and location X fishing.

In October we did a bunch of catfish trips

Looking back we had many great trips and tons of laughter.

So long 2019

Next year I plan to do a full week of shad fishing followed by a good meal for Captain and crew... The weekdays of April 20th thru 23rd are still open. 24th is booked now.

Capt Mike : On May 5th I will retire from my job and open up three more days/evenings of fishing . Monday and Tuesday are no fishing.
That's right right folks full time guiding after 28 years of weekends only.

Right now crappie is almost booked up. We have about 4 dates opens between me and Capt Dave.

Main river bass fishing or as like to call it "Bubba" trips will open this year in May weekdays only. I have always wanted to be able to do those trips again. Missed the run and gun trips on the main river..
June thru August will be evening trips for snakehead and bass.

Monster catfish in the early spring and fall.

Thanks
Capt Mike
Capt Dave

See less See more
#11 ·
Bowfin, grinnell, cypress trout, mudfish, choupique, dogfish

Well let me tell you for a fish that is considered trash it is one of the most exciting species to fish for. They have many names and also Dinosaur DNA in them. The teeth are very sharp and the jaw has big muscles that can cut your finger off. They are not skittish like a snakehead and destroy lures. They will turn a spinnerbait into a pretzel. Cut a topwater popper in half. They are truly the king of the swamp.

Capt Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.