Fishing Report First morning back. 12-7-19

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Default First morning back. 12-7-19

First morning back in Md from FL.. Was pretty cold this morning. Caught a limit of crappie.Attachment 254767

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Those look like some decent sized crappie. Get some of those chemical hand warmers. I just bought a 2 boxes. 1 box of toe warmers( 30 pair) and one box of hand warmers ( 40 pair) from Costco. Both boxes were around $28 total. I use the hand warmers on the top of my hands under half finger glacier gloves so I can still cast and the toe warmers over my -30 deg. socks then another pair of wool socks. My feet get extra cold in the kayak because I'm not moving my legs and feet for several hours in the cold weather. Another trick I learned is to put Vaseline on my hands and a pair of 7 mil nitrile disposable waterproof gloves I buy by the box from Harbor Freight, especially if your using live bait and don't want your hands wet. The Vaseline helps keep your hands warm under the thin rubber gloves.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Damn, first day back and you don’t miss a beat

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

Thanks Capt. Nick. If I fished a lot of Hrs. I would get warmers. But I only fish for a few Hrs. in the morning. I like to catch my limit of fish, then stop fishing. Yes I know you need all that stuff to keep warm in a kayak or boat. I use to wear an ice suite and boots with a half inch of felt in the boat. Them days are over for me. Thanks! Attachment 254769 LOL!

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I release all my fish so my limit is when I get too cold. I've got skim ice this morning on my cove. 28 deg. For some reason? The DNR doesn't have a size or creel limit on crappie in tidal water. Some fishermen keep everything they catch just because they can because of it. Tidal Pickerel also have a limit of 10 while freshwater is 5. I don't know what they were thinking when thy did this but they better get their act together and change it while we still have some fish left.
    Last edited by Capt.Nick; 12-08-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be

Blog Entries

LOL! I can't keep up with you Capt. Glade you release ALL the fish you catch. More for people that like to eat them.

9. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements