Question OT - Has anyone had total knee replacement surgery? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yes, 9 years ago. No pain from the moment I woke up. You have to do the therapy. The only post surgical pain was during the Therapy. They consider the operation a success when you can bend it 140 degrees. I was relentless with the therapy. I was driving 3 weeks after surgery and bending at 156 degrees after 9 weeks. Do I have any regrets? ...absolutely not. Would I do it again? Yes. My one regret is that I should have done it sooner. My only restrictions now are running jumping and hoping per the surgeon. Normal day to day activities are no issue. The only people that I know that had any trouble with the surgery are those that didnt do the post surgery therapy. If you want to talk send me a phone number via private message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Had my right knee replaced a year ago, at 69. I've always been active, so it was very helpful. I did not have to do any pre surgery exercises, no formal rehab after the surgery, and have been very happy with the results. Very little pain, some stiffness in the morning, but am now able to walk the beach at sunup for trout or reds, wade mountain streams for trout, and spend all day in a canoe chasing smallmouth. Very happy with the results.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

It know they want you up and walking ASAP after surgery. How many nights did you spend in the hospital? Once you are able to get up and go to the bathroom on your own, is that what they are looking for to let you go home? Has anyone been able to go home the day of the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by russellraven View Post
    Has anyone been able to go home the day of the surgery?
    Mrs B did after her second knee. She arranged to be the first surgery in the morning. Up and walking about 2pm. After some nonsense with a blood test, outa there about 6pm.

The downside was that our insurance paid less for "same day surgery". We found that out after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Mrs B did after her second knee. She arranged to be the first surgery in the morning. Up and walking about 2pm. After some nonsense with a blood test, outa there about 6pm.

The downside was that our insurance paid less for "same day surgery". We found that out after the fact.
    That makes absolutely no sense. You would think Insurance companies would want patients out ASAP.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

My Wife just had Her's done.She had a partial done 5 yrs. ago .Dr. at that time should have done a Full replacement. New Dr. did a full reconstruction this time and My Wife is Walking great. Dr. said She has made phenomenal progress. Gave Her a A++.. Highly recommend Dr. Hal Crane. He is a straight no Bull Guy !!Has very high ratings also.

Well, I met with my doctor today. Sounds like I will have the surgery as an outpatient and have a nurse and a physical therapist follow me home after surgery and get me set up at home. I'll have a physical therapist come to the house the next 4 days for PT. Is this similar to what everyone here who had a knee replacement experienced? I have to call tomorrow to schedule a date and time. Sounds like about a 5 week wait before he can do it. Business must be good. Thanks.

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Sounds like I will have the surgery as an outpatient
    wow good luck with that !!!

I will have the surgery as an outpatient and have a nurse and a physical therapist follow me home after surgery and get me set up at home. I'll have a physical therapist come to the house the next 4 days for PT. Is this similar to what everyone here who had a knee replacement experienced?
    I drove Mrs B home the evening of her surgery, and took her to physical therapy appointments until she felt ok to drive herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I drove Mrs B home the evening of her surgery, and took her to physical therapy appointments until she felt ok to drive herself.
    I was at the gym at the senior center today and saw an older lady, probably in her 70s on a stationary bike peddling pretty slow. I noticed a long scar on her knee, but not down the middle of her kneecap like a normal knee replacement I've seen.. It was on the side of her knee, she said, due to a car accident. She said she had replacement surgery in November and was walking the day of surgery without the use of a walker, crutches or cane. I hope I'm that fortunate.

12. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast