Question Baltimore Boat Show You Going?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Baltimore Boat Show You Going?

I had an email come to me back in November that offered half off tickets to the show. I took advantage and bought 4 for the price of 2. Anybody else going? With the prices of new boats I am not buying but will be looking closely at some models that I may be interested in at a later dater. I am looking forward to crawl around on a few models and catch a seminar or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wouldn't go to Baltimore if you paid me Not worth the risk anymore.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tshake View Post
    Wouldn't go to Baltimore if you paid me Not worth the risk anymore.
    Same thing my wife said when I asked if she was interested..

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Smart wife!!!

Went to the show today and I must say I was presently surprised. The show floor plan has been changed from years past and there are definitely more boats than in recent years. I guess in following the market, there were no large cruisers there at all. Most all of the boats are outboards, and the prices have gotten absolutely insane. Used market should be brimming in a couple of years with the pace on current boat sales. After speaking with several reps at the show supply is currently lagging demand on certain models. I would give the show a two thumbs up despite concerns prior to going. Btw, the shuttle from the parking lot runs every 10 minutes and is free.

Blog Entries

Not without my too buddies smith and wesson. And body armor

I went, took light rail, very nice. No problems. Have taken light rail many times, don't don't know if I would go during the night. Boat show was very good. Went Thursday. Best day to go, not very crowded. If I had the money I would get a Parker. What a beautiful built boat. Hard to imagine a 23 footer now over 80,000. Saw outboards up to 425. There goal next year is 500. Hard to believe.....

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by gscaton1 View Post
    I went, took light rail, very nice. No problems. Have taken light rail many times, don't don't know if I would go during the night. Boat show was very good. Went Thursday. Best day to go, not very crowded. If I had the money I would get a Parker. What a beautiful built boat. Hard to imagine a 23 footer now over 80,000. Saw outboards up to 425. There goal next year is 500. Hard to believe.....
    Buy used. My buddy bought a slightly used Parker SE 23 center console from Tri State for $50,000.00 It had less than 100 hours on it.
    MUCH better deals on used boats.......... Gary

Prices are inflated in the used market on desired models as well. You can buy Flybridges and expresses dirt cheap right now, because who wants the added expense of mooring, haul out and fuel burn with those vessels when you can get 3-5 mpg with most trailerable boats nowadays. Demand will drive prices, or the bottom falls out again like 08-09.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
    Prices are inflated in the used market on desired models as well. You can buy Flybridges and expresses dirt cheap right now, because who wants the added expense of mooring, haul out and fuel burn with those vessels when you can get 3-5 mpg with most trailerable boats nowadays. Demand will drive prices, or the bottom falls out again like 08-09.

It is true that some brands hold their value better than others. Deals are out there but you have to do your homework and be patient. It taks research, legwork and time........ Gary

13. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast